Aca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-5 MEM

I am a first officer in training on the CRJ for ACA. At this time I have been called up for active duty. I am home for a few days with the military and going back overseas in the next few days. If anyone has any questions about ACA. Let me know and I should be able to answer them.

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Temp loan to the military

Terry,

Thanks for the opportunity to pick your brain and your service to our country. I just retired friday from the Coast Guard and have an ACA interview on Wednesday @ 0830. Is it a half day affair so that I may book a return flight in the early evening?

I've read allot of the gouge here and aviationinterviews.com as well as Questions,Questions,Questions from AirInc. Any other suggestions to help with the interview?

Do they do a medical on you or just take your 1st class?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Keep your head low and hopefully we'll fly together when you return.

CGFlyer

I sent you a PM. Also, make sure your paper work is in order. They do not do any medical work ups on you during your interview.

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Hey cgflyer,

I was honorabley discharged from the Coast Guard in 99. I was an AMT (engine and prop guy, AD before the merger) and a Dropmaster on the C-130, based in Elizabeth City. Perhaps we know eachother! Also, I interviewed with ACA in Sept. and am now in their pilot pool. The funniest thing happend at the interview, the line pilot who was doing the technical part of the interview was also a Herc guy from the Coast Gaurd. Needless to say we hit it off and the rest is history. I found that as an incredible stroke of luck, hopefully you will get the same guy. Unfortunately I cant remember his name.

As for the Interview itself, it sounds like you have the right study material. Know you are high altitude and swept wing aerodynamics, especially since your coming form a straight wing aircraft. Be prepared for the sim, I found that the most challenging part of the interview. Its an old sim and during my ride the HSI stopped working while I was entering a hold on the compass locator. I had to resort to the RMI to finish the hold and for the ILS. Im sure youve heard this a million times but if you can get some time in an AST-300, even just one hour, you will be better off.

Send me a PM and let me know whats up. See ya.

Getting An Interview

What is the secret to landing an interview there? I know several people who have landed interviews yet I can't. In fact it seems everyone at my airline who has sent in a resume has gotten an interview but me. My times are similar to theirs, and in some cases higher. I have even had two guys walk my stuff in and still no luck. Two guys got calls within a half hour of faxing their resumes in. Frustrating to say the least. I would love to work there.

NEDUDE

How much time do you have? MEL, Total time, SEL CFI
and so on. What type of aircraft?

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Latest resources

Back