• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Pollies and Possible Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To reply to the original topic of this thread - ACA may have slowed hiring, but I am 98% sure we will not flush the pool.

Reasoning...
1. "It's just bad p.r." - heard this from at least 2 mgmt types
2. The intern factor. Many people in our hiring pool interned at ACA after attenting aviation universities like ERAU, UND & I even ran into a Daniel Webster guy recently. At present, our internship is fairly competitive, these guys are in the upper tier of their classes have worked hard for 13weeks unpaid internship. I don't think these aviation universities would appreciate ACA flushing their graduates after they've provided a great & free source of labor for the company for so long.
3. Be patient. The wait sucks. All of us here at ACA hate this uncertainty. Hopefully things will clear up; we all want you guys here padding our seniority list :)

Jtrain, it's not very often that those of us who interned at ACA get praise from line pilots. Thanx!

Not a problem. Actually a bit of a confession, I used to be mildly anti-intern, then we recently carried one on a jumpseat flight with us. The flight had a ridiculously early show time, after which I was done but intern went to put in a full day in office. Talking to these guys you realize a lot of 'em are just scraping by in Northern VA; you & I know well how expensive it is to live here and many are sleeping on couches and floors in Sterling and Ashburn, unpaid for several months, in debt up to yingyang, and when they're not interning here, barely making ends meet as CFIs. If I had been aware of such an opportunity at such a young age, I likely would have considered it. Bottom line; interns are ppl like you or I, just doing whatever they can and trying to make it in a very competitive field. Some give your group a bad name, but the most recent batches are some of the best I've seen. Hang in there; I hope you get called soon.

JT

To reply to the original topic of this thread - ACA may have slowed hiring, but I am 98% sure we will not flush the pool.

1. "It's just bad p.r." - heard this from at least 2 mgmt types

Ha ha ha! Aren't you in for a rude awakening. You think business works on the sole idea of "P.R" you'll soon be disapointed. I sure hope the pool doesn't get flushed, I was disapointed when AirWis did the same some time ago, but don't you think for a second that some kind of superior moral character guides the hearts and decisions of any airline. When the company needs to flush it'll flush! When the company needs to FURLOUGH it'll FURLOUGH!!!

Good luck!

S.

Latest resources

Back