ACA Pay scale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USC***

Just wondering if anyone could post or show me where to find the ACA pay scale?

Or better yet, find a copy of the current contract to read?

Thanks for the help

Allow me a little levity and sarcasm before I answer your questions. ACA is one of about 6 regionals that actually IS hiring and IS expanding operations. If they call with an offer, are you really going to turn it down?

A.) Pay scales: Everyone regardless of airplane type (J41, D328 or CRJ) starts the first year FO at around $23/flt hr. and some change. In the second year, J41 and 328 FO's see a token increase (about $2/flt hr.), the CRJ sees a little more closer to $30/hr. Right now, captain upgrades are just about 2 years after hire date but this has been getting slower and slower. The J41 and Dornier CA's are seeing mid 40's and the new CRJ captains are seeing low 50's - this all depends on what year of hire you are in the scale. The theorectical top-end is a 18-yr CRJ Captain making just over $100/flt hr.
If it makes a difference to you (and you count it as salary like some folks do), we also get a $1.60per duty hour per diem. You will make roughly $24-25,000 in the first year. We have a 75 hour minimum pay per month - they WILL at least get their money's worth out of you.

B.) AQP is an FAA sanctioned training program that has more emphasis on "line" operations than "maneuvers". It has a clause for "train to proficiency", which everyone thinks has the interpertation that they can't fail you. This is not true. The company still keeps records and you still can fail to make the grade. However, instead of 3 progress checks and a required pass by the second re-check as stated and hard limits in the traditional program, AQP allows some room for more training time.
Having been trained in both systems, there is little difference between the two when you are in classes and in the sims. In fact, on my trip through the AQP system at ACA, there was more grief given the student over having to re-schedule sims for extra training than in the conventional program which had buffers built-in.

The CRJ has more complicated systems and is faster than the J41 and Dornier. (I didn't say advanced, I just said complicated.) ACA is also the closest regional airline to FAA headquarters in Washington DC. Dotting i's and crossing t's is just a way of life. That makes the CRJ program the most difficult in the company. The majority of ACA's pilots are on the CRJ so a lot of folks are passing and making the grades. If you are lucky enough to be accepted, you will find a great bunch of pilots - 99% are absolutely committed to a nice, safe, friendly flight. The company like all big organizations has management, communication and scheduling problems but the people make the difference and make this place liveable.

Thanks for the help.

I'm one of the fortunate few with a couple choices in airlines, so I wanted to get all the info I could before making a final choice. As far as I can tell ACA looks like the best place to be all around. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks again

I was looking over the contract and thought I read it wrong. I am not saying Tarp is this, but lately I have read alot about ACA from those who do not even work there. I would suggest to all those out there don't beleive everything you read. After saying that some jerk will say that about me, but those who nag are the ones who will not do well at ACA

Terry

Yes, it is me. Got in yesterday. Here for a bit, thought I would be back but there extended our orders until the end of Jan.

PM whene you get the chance. Have some questions.

Terry V.

Latest resources

Back