ACA No More Jet Deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt RJ

As of yesterday ACA will not take further deliveries on any CRJ's until the UAL situation is settled. There is also a nasty rumor and thats all it is as of now , about possible up coming furloughs.

Hope this rumor is just that

I for one...am VERY concerned.

Is this related to impending war, impending demise of UAL, a sudden realization to hunker-down and weather this out or something bigger??

:confused:

I sure hope that UAL doesn't put you in a bidding war with Mesa. The US WO's sure couldn't match their old contract. Doesn't look like the next contract will be any better....

No kidding, Four separate carriers that already have a relationship with United got hosed out of the Denver flying by Mesa, we'll see whats next...

For all of you I hope the Ridge stays Blue over there.

B1900DFO said:
I sure hope that UAL doesn't put you in a bidding war with Mesa. The US WO's sure couldn't match their old contract. Doesn't look like the next contract will be any better....

Mesa isn't making money. They may be lower cost but how sustainable is their cost structure? Unfortunately, it looks like they're just creating some more market share for themselves - at a cost to the rest of us.

Who is making money these days? I may be paranoid but I find it highly ironic that Mesa starts losing money when it's negotiation time. I imagine that if/when the pilots vote that crap in then they'll quickly become profitable. Ornstein is too intelligent to show a fat profit margin right as he enters into contract negotiations.

B1900DFO said:
Who is making money these days?

ACA is/was. They have negotiated departure rates that allow them to pay costs and have some leftover. Of course, on the UAL side, these fee for departure rates are in limbo. We may have to lower them to keep up with the Mesa's of the industry and thus start showing losses. We can avoid losses by taking pay cuts and lowering our cost structure - but who wins there. I know who losses - the ACA, ASA, Comairs, and Air Whisky's of the industry.

AirBoard said:
I know who loses - the ACA, ASA, Comairs, and Air Whisky's of the industry.

Correction: every airline loses (except as usual SW). Very soon the Major airlines won't be the same dream-come-true for pilots they once were. Lower pay, fewer bennies, fewer days off. The line between the better SJ operators and the Majors blures even further.

You know it's one thing if you think your company is genuinely going through hard times and needs concessions. This is assuming the managment treats you right and has the best interest of all employees at heart. The sh1tty labor/management relationship is not the rule for all airlines (SWA, Jet Blue).

But when fear and intimidation rule the day, the Mesa guys need to strike back. Follow EVERY rule to the letter, that alone ought to grind the airline to a halt. If a position light burns out at an outstation, write it up and wait for a contract mechaninc--if he doesn't have a new light bulb, have one sent in on the next flight. Fly slowly, taxi slowly, don't call to all services a hundred times and don't trouble shoot when there are delays.

I know how much time I spend on every trip making everything work. I call ops for all services, I make sure the A/C is up to par and try to head off problems in every way, and it makes all the difference. I don't mind doing this because the company treats us resonably well. If that ever changes, so will my non-pilot efforts.

Just a thought for Mesa.....

Palerider957 said:
Fly slowly, taxi slowly, don't call to all services a hundred times and don't trouble shoot when there are delays.

And most importantly: don't tell anybody that you're doing it. Ooops, too late.

Latest resources

Back