ACA/Flyi???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IADBLRJ41

So is this rumor true that ACA is going to sell 20+ CRJ's????

Crossing my fingers for you guys! We need some good news in this business it has been so BLAH for the past couple years.

IADBLRJ41 said:
So is this rumor true that ACA is going to sell 20+ CRJ's????

Crossing my fingers for you guys! We need some good news in this business it has been so BLAH for the past couple years.
I think they need to keep 70 to bid for the UAL flying.

Skywest just bought 4 Flyi RJ's that are under a year old for 14 mil each. Good thing we did since we had a mechanic in COS taxiing an airplane with CB's for the brakes pulled and he ran into another RJ. Ouch.

theskyking said:
Skywest just bought 4 Flyi RJ's that are under a year old for 14 mil each. Good thing we did since we had a mechanic in COS taxiing an airplane with CB's for the brakes pulled and he ran into another RJ. Ouch.
That would be a tough one to explain....

ILStoMinimums said:
That would be a tough one to explain....
Isn't that why Mesaba is short one Avro? Last year in MEM, maybe?

Two Mechanics + Pulled Breakers = Calling Geico

We had a Saab driven into a fence under similar circumstances a couple of years ago...

I actually flew one of the "new" SKYW CRJ's. They have been on line since about the 10th of Dec. Geez, if these are under a year old, they have been driven hard. They are also "under equiped" just as our Comair RJ's. They are not CAT II certified due to the lack of features. I wish they would repaint them, they are in the FLYI colors with all the labels/logos missing. Kinda embarrassing to explain to passengers. As for the COS RJ's, they are both back on line from what I heard.

Oh, and yes I'll have some cheese with that wine...

DontFeedTheBear said:
I wish they would repaint them, they are in the FLYI colors with all the labels/logos missing. Kinda embarrassing to explain to passengers.
Ah, that explains the CRJ I saw in PHX yesterday.

DontFeedTheBear said:
I wish they would repaint them, they are in the FLYI colors with all the labels/logos missing.
If someone finds a picture of one of these planes (or an airliners.net link), please post it.

The COS RJs are NOT back on line. One has to be partially reskinned, and the other has to have the forward pressure bulkhead rebuilt (or something like that). This is what I remember from talking with a mechanic about it last night. In fact, he said a third one was damaged (ripped off part of the nose) a few days later when a ramper marshalled another RJ into the jetway. That one doesn't seem to have filtered out to the grapevine circuit yet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back