ACA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FIT4hire

Anyone have any onfo on the Dec. 9 class for ACA?
Curious to see if it's going and if new hires are in it.

Cheers
:cool:

Only recurrent classes are scheduled for the remainder of December. All other classes were cancelled the week before Thanksgiving. And those (new hires) that are in class now are holding their collective breaths for no furloughs because of any United craziness...

Cheers!

I beg to differ that only recurrent classes are scheduled for December. My December award line still shows me going to CRJ CA training on Dec 26th along with about 7 or 8 fellow FRJ CA's. In fact, I just turned down Dan T's offer of an earlier December class. I just talked to a friend who started CRJ CA training last week and he tells me his class was made up of 12 CA's, 6 transitioning company FO's, and 6 new hires. I bet my class has a similiar mix.

Actually that class has 7 CA's, 3 transitioning FO's and 13 new hires (the last) if my info is correct....

CRJ Puppy

What do you mean by (the last). I was in the 328 Jet waiting on Nov. 18th. Any idea when a new class date would come my way?
Thanks

the pool

I am still in the pool. Is the pool still alive or can we all just consider it frozen solid this winter and not expect anything out of it for a while? Will I get a spot at ACA or should I count on starting over with another interview?

Hotwing,

What will it hurt to consider ACA an unlikely option and continue interviewing at other airlines? The worst that can happen is that you will end up with alternatives. If you end up getting a spot at ACA then great, you havent lost anything...but...if you are able to secure spots in a couple of other airline pools and ACA doesnt call you then you can go somewhere else.

Take your fate into your own hands!

I took this approach and now I find myself in the pool not only at ACA but also ASA and Island air and I am currently trying to get an interview with Airwis. All while awaiting a recall from furlough at American Eagle. Good luck!

Last edited:
Mr. "pilotmonkey" has the best advice. The scuttlebutt is no new hire classes until probably March 2003. Heard that reiterated again today. Recurrent and upgrade for current line holders yes, but new hires no. Pool still exists, but wouldn't hurt to apply anywhere and everywhere to keep your mind in the game. Why no new hire 'til spring? Where put them? All waiting to see exactly what pans out with UAL...their ERP has all UAX carriers frozen at a/c levels of mid-nov. through 2003 and reduces the amount of time we can fly the RJ's from 10.5 hrs/day to 9 hrs./day. J41's seem to be back to the 04/2004 retirement though that changes bi-weekly... so again, why train new people if there is no where to put them? A company can only afford so many people on reserve and not flying for so long without any growth....and ALL that depends on UAL....

blue skies.

CRJ puppy

I apologize, I will let you know if my class has any new hires when I go back to the Darkside.

Latest resources

Back