Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

46Driver

Hoist the Black Flag....
Rumors are starting to float that ACA is going to get 70 seaters. Anybody know anything about this - and any idea if this is going to be tied to a United J4J's for permission to get the 70 seaters?

That's what I heard. Preferential hiring for UAL furloughees in exchange for being allowed to fly 70 seaters. I saw a CRJ-700 and a ERJ-170 sitting at Signature IAD last week. Management checking them out perhaps?

J4J details

I am vaguely familiar with the details of the US Air J4J deal but could use an elaboration.

I do have one specific question: if UAL furloughees are hired at ACA, do they get a date-of-hire like the rest of us that start as new-hires or does their UAL date-of-hire factor in? :confused:

I really like the looks of the ERJ-170 but doubt ACA wants to add another type to the fleet. Probably just a way of leaning on Bombardier to get a better price!

I just got back from flying over in Europe with several furloughed pilots from NWA and US Air. The pilots said that they were going to get to go to the CRJ, but have to go through training and yes even start off at the bottom of the senority.
Even though it is the same company and different aircraft they must go with what the contract states.

Just think of this: If mainline could come over and use there senority, what difference would it make to jump up to the mainline with our senority on the CRJ.

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Temp to the military

To add fuel to the ACA rumor mill; I've heard there are two high!!! seniority ACA CRJ training pilots currently in the CRJ-70 sim in YUL. For what reason, you can draw your own conclusions cause I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
This is fun! Let me add to the rumors! AirWis requested that CAE purchase and use CRJ simulators at our training facility in Denver that easly swap between the 50, 70 and 90 seaters! Since the UAL contract specifically exemps 20 aircraft for AirWis over 50 seats...I "hear" (hahaha) that if BAE doesn't come through with some sweat Avro deal, we'll replace our 100 seat 146's and replace them with 90 seat Rj's! Imagine.... a 90 seat aircraft at a regional and the pilots are complaining because it doesn't hold has much as the old airplanes did.

I'll write more later as I come up with it.

S.

All kinds of rumors are floated and some of them even come true (CVG base, LGA closing, Delta pass cards, etc). Who knows what is going to happen but with UAL's current economic situation, anything is possible.....

Yeah, and ACA was going to buy AirWis remember that one? Or how about AirWis is completely pulling out of Chicago or how AirWis was going under.

I love rumors.

S.

Actually, I never heard the one about ACA buying Air Wisconsin. Just stating that not all rumors are false, and with the current turmoil in the industry anything is possible....

Latest resources

Back