shooter

Call me the Tumblin' Dice
http://www.abxair.com/jobs/index.htm

DISPATCHER (FLIGHT CONTROL)

Job Type
Full-Time Regular

Requisition Id

Job Description
Responsible for weather observations; prepare weather briefings; determine and order fuel; calculate payload; in-flight monitoring and debrief each flight; ensure all flights assigned are prepared; advise of any operational problems pertaining to assigned flights; coordinate contingency plan with Ground Operations, Maintenance Control and crews; coordinate snow removal with Airport Management; able to work variable “floating“ hours; perform other duties as assigned.

Must have HSD/GED; Dispatcher’s License; Aviation Weather Observer’s License or ability to obtain within 1 year; 1 years experience in flight operations with 121 carrier to include 1 year as a Dispatcher with 121 carrier; advanced level of understanding and knowledge of the following: interpreting aviation weather reports and their impact on flight operations, aircraft performance, limitations and systems and their applicability, Federal Aviation Regulations Parts 121 and 91 airport operations, emergency procedures concerning mechanical failures, hijackings, bomb threats, aircraft accidents, incidents, etc., air traffic control system and procedures. Prefer college level courses on specialized training in the aviation field; private pilot’s license.

Salary: $39,500 - $59,500 - $79,500/ Annually (Paid Bi-Weekly)

Anybody called for interview yet

I applied 2 weeks ago but haven't heard from them,What is the start date they are looking at?
Thanks
bush

I applied 2 weeks ago but haven't heard from them,What is the start date they are looking at?
Thanks
bush

Don't know, wish I did. The Dispatcher leaving to go to the flight line does not leave until mid-DEC. So my guess (and only a guess) is that will collect resumes until around then for JAN interviews.

GOOD LUCK!

The guy that was supposed to be leaving was going to become a line pilot. His class date has been postponed indefinately, and so has the hiring of a dx. Keep the faith though, I think he will be in class within the next few months, at which time we will hire.

Latest resources

Back