Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI & WN.....what's that gonna look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please. You know that's not fair. Just as relative seniority with F9 wasn't fair (see below),

Actually, it is, for the exact reasons I stated. DOH is irrelevant.

Even if we did merge with you guys, the SLI scenario would be the same due to the age of the respective airlines. Remember, one of the prime requirements of both ALPA merger/frag AND Allegheny/Mohawk is NO WINDFALLS. A straight ratio SLI merger with EITHER Alaska or SWA would be a huge windfall for AAI pilots.

Where's the windfall? There is none! A pilot that was 5% on their respective list prior is still 5% on the new list. The only way this would represent a windfall would be if there was bigger equipment, which isn't the case with either AS or WN.

Sorry, but I'll never accept any sort of DOH integration until we have a national seniority list. And I can guarantee you, no arbitrator will award what you're suggesting.

ALPA 54,000. The only ones you can count on are the ones that work with you. And then you cannot even depend on all of them. The other 52,500 won't help you. Do you really think that if you took job action the other 53000+ will be behind you.

Such a simple mind. For starters, yes they will be. No ALPA pilot group would fly our struck work. But that's not really the point of having 54,000 strong. The point is that we have pull on Capital Hill, at ICAO, etc... SWAPA does not, and never will. Congress doesn't care what SWAPA thinks. They'll at least stop to listen to what ALPA has to say.

AAI won't be bought by SWA. They will wait until you are on the way out before they would buy your assets.

We aren't going anywhere.

Wait........... Did PCL actually say that the #1 AAI pilot who was hired around 1994 should be senior to the #1 SWA pilot who was hired around 1977? Forgive my ignorance but why should any SWA pilot agree to that? Do you actually think the #1 SWA pilot would accept being JUNIOR to a pilot who was hired by a company almost 17 year later? Like Ron White said.......... You can't fix stupit!

PCL,

Why would you consider yourself "stuck" with SWAPA? We've got a good group; you'd have more say on your representation; and we represent our pilots well.

As to your "our #1 should go to SWA #1 or 2 is ridiculous. However, putting them more inline with their DOH is more reasonable. Besides, what would be the most senior guy, about a '92/'93 hire? Is it reasonable to expect them to be as senior as our 1974 hire? Our first 1600 folks only go to 1996, so...........what gives? I say feather folks in, but be reasonable. Before you claim we were unreasonable, remember we were only given a short timeframe to negotiate an integration. If you had been in the room during the negotiation, you may change your tune about our "irrational" offer.

Regarding your lack of interest in flying at SWA, why is that? Do you think that all of the banter on this chicke$hit, anonymous board is representative of our pilots? I think we have a good thing going here. No furloughs at WN. No concessions at WN. Great QOL at WN. Pretty good treatment from the company. I know a bunch of your dudes and think they could fit nicely.........why don't you want anything to do with us? After pay, QOL, corporate relationships, indy pilot association with access, and almost no difference in operations; what, exactly, is left to be concerned about?

This sounds very much like an east v west merger, but now it would be a TX v GA battle. Trust me - it ain't going to be fun.

Metrojet

This sounds very much like an east v west merger, but now it would be a TX v GA battle. Trust me - it ain't going to be fun.

Metrojet

It's never going to happen anyway. Like I said, nothing but mental masturbation. SWA won't be trying to pick up any decent sized carrier.

I don't think this will happen either. Having said that I have to ask why type of equipment matters. I think pay is all that matters. I fly for a living, I do not care what type of airplane I fly, only pay and QOL really matter to me. People on this board often repeat that if two airlines fly the same equipment then relative seniority is fair. It is a windfall if two disparate paying airlines merge (but both narrow body) and one group gets a huge raise and the other only gets to keep the seniority they already had.

If two airlines pay the same or almost the same and are both non-bankrupt then relative seniority would be fair. That is my opinion, someone tell me why it is wrong. In addition, pilots must realize that by accepting lower than average pay, they devalue their careers. It will impact them in the event of a merger.

how does the current relative career value factor in? as in SWA FOs make more than most Airtran FOs and maybe some captains? any 'retain your seat' or 'relative seniority' would, of necessity, be a windfall for Airtran guys if they get SWA pay scales after this supposed merger?

I don't have an answer, just asking.

Latest resources

Back