• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 Evacuation Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's a pretty impressive time but throw in a few geriatrics from Iowa City and Suzy Homemaker trying to get her bag out of the overhead and Jaime and Jose that no habla la ingles and you got yourself a veritable human barbecue.

Good points...it isn't exactly the same.

I understand fire is very inspirational in real life, though.

Good points...it isn't exactly the same.

I understand fire is very inspirational in real life, though.

Yeah, reference the Air France A340 that ran off the runway in Toronto. I wouldn't have thought it possible to get that many unprepared people off an airplane that quickly.

Also, these were all airline employees who probably fly a lot more than the average passenger and are much more familiar with the inside of an airliner than the average passenger. I wonder how many were flight attendants. I'm surprised the FAA bought off on this test. The FAA also requires a certain number of people over 60 and a few other things to make it realistic.

I'm of the opinion that these tests shouldn't be done anymore. I would have expected a lot more injuries then were reported.

Scott

Why do you think these tests should not be done?

Why do you think these tests should not be done?

I think we have enough data on how to design for emergency egress. I don't think the data from the full scale test is worth the injuries that usually occur during the test. Airbus got off very lucky with only a broken bone and some rug burns. Douglas paralyzed someone a while ago.

Scott

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back