Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B1900FO

Hi gentlemen!

I know we've had the Boeing vs Airbus argument several times before in this forum, and inevitibly this thread will probably head down that road.

However, are these two twin-engine long range a/c comparable?

I have always been impressed with the 777, especially the new -200LR, however I do not know much about the A330, other than it is probably the most graceful landing airplane I have ever watched...

Any input would be great!!!!

-B1900FO

Oh this should be good...But to answer your question:

The A330 is more comparable to the 767 vs. the 777. If you want to compare the 777 to an Airbus aircraft it would have to be the A340. But the 777 is a far superiour plane to the A340 as well. And that not just rumor or conjecture or pro boeing drivel. That's fact!

Oh this should be good...But to answer your question:

The A330 is more comparable to the 767 vs. the 777. If you want to compare the 777 to an Airbus aircraft it would have to be the A340. But the 777 is a far superiour plane to the A340 as well. And that not just rumor or conjecture or pro boeing drivel. That's fact!

I agree with your statement on that the 330 should be in comparison to the 767, but you lost me when you said that the 340 is to be compared to the the 777.

The 330 and the 340 are the same aircraft and wing. The 330 is just minus 2 engines from the 340.

The only way I can maybe understand your argument is the 340-600 comparison with the 777. (Similar seating capacity).

Is this what you were alluding to?

Just like any other comparison thread, only guys that have ACTUALLY flown both would ACTUALLY be able to contribute anything legit.

Unlike other aircraft comparison threads (ERJ vs. CRJ, A320/319 vs. 737, ect), I don't think there are nearly as many guys that have flown both types.

I'm sure they are out there, just not as many.

Comparison

I have never flown the triple7 but I have 2000+ hours in the A330. The 330 was my first Airbus experience. I was generally very impressed. It could certainly use more power. I believe the triple is rated at 75K thrust vs 60K on the 330. It's just a different philosophy about aircraft design. The sooner you realize it's not a Boeing, the better the airplane looks.

I have never flown the triple7 but I have 2000+ hours in the A330. The 330 was my first Airbus experience. I was generally very impressed. It could certainly use more power. I believe the triple is rated at 75K thrust vs 60K on the 330. It's just a different philosophy about aircraft design. The sooner you realize it's not a Boeing, the better the airplane looks.

The 777 actually "STARTS" at 84,000 lbs of thrust. The RR engines are rated at 88K thrust and the GE 90's are rated at 100k of thrust. The NEWS GE's are rated at 115 or 116K's of thrust. Definately the Cats Meow!!!;)

Thread stopper: What's the pay? ;) TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back