Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Is it just me that needs earplugs when you flush the lav in the A320? Sounds like a turbine engine....

It is...albeit a small one...what better to shred the turdy like material that lurks near the bottom of the bowl...european (pronounced " your peeing") efficiency at its best.

The suction those crappers have would bring a tear to Al Bundey's eye. Just make sure your shirt tail is up before you flush.............could be ugly.:D

The French can really suck ya know?

The 737NGs have the same thing on them. Rumor has it that a seriously fat lady got stuck on one b/c she sat down with the horseshoe still up and flushed (musta been a courtesy flush) whilst sitting. Probably an urban legend but funny none the less.

Captain X said:
Rumor has it that a seriously fat lady got stuck on one b/c she sat down with the horseshoe still up and flushed (musta been a courtesy flush) whilst sitting. Probably an urban legend but funny none the less.

It truly happened to an airline that i worked for in Europe. It was an Avro RJ and the lady got stuck for 20 minutes. The flight attendants managed to let air flow through so they could get her off. She was in pain because the blood flow to her legs stopped. Her behind was like one big bruise. Kudo to the flight attendant that massaged her, because from what i heard, it wasn't pretty.
The captain who's a good friend of mine, told me that he'll always remember the reaction from the guy in ops when he requested for assistance.

Don't really know if it's funny or not... Sorry for killing the urban legend, but this is a true story.

Dizel8 said:
Well, according to Snopes.com, apparently the story isn't true, although it certainly sounds funny:

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/toilet.asp

Mythbusters did it... The had this great big silicone arse and a suction toilet complete with pressure gauges and everything. At first they couldn't duplicate it because of the space between the seat and the basin provided airflow to prevent a seal.

Eventually, the made it work somehow (I don't remember details) and determined it to be "plausible, but not likely"

Gotta love that show.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back