Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
I have heard rumors that the J4J program isn't shaping up exactly as envisioned at PSA. Namely, that the 50/50 ratio is not being honored, with the fair majority of slots going to APL pilots. Can they not spare the pilots out of the 328? Or is this rumor not true? Just curious...

Yes it's true, they've gotten fat on the Jets-for-Jobs side of the ratio. The company says that they are trying to maintain the staffing on the Dornier. Their stance is that it just has to be 50/50 when all is said and done. My guess is that things will even out when we park the rest of the Dorniers.

yeah, okay, just looking for something to back the rumors... now another question (I posted something along these same lines a few minutes ago on the "majors" board). Just how much interest is there in participating in J4J at PSA? I have also heard rumors about the powers-that-be "going up and down" the APL looking for pilots willing, and that the participants (at Mesa in particular) aren't terribly happy. 1800 pilots is alot of airplanes, but that number has been floating around for about 2 years now, and I'm sure that there are plenty of people who have found other employment, have gotten out of flying, or just aren't interested. SHOULD our great big company survive in the longer term, and SHOULD all these RJ's (big or small) eventually become the savior of the company, there will be plenty of flying for everybody.

Pay-rates and staffing issues are still in negotiations for the 701s. We won't accept less than 50/50, but I guess the mainline MEC is still playing hardball. The first 701 was supposed to be delivered Friday, but is still a no-show. The first revenue 701 flight is scheduled for May 8th.

For a while the J4J classes were going junior, but now word is out that PSA is the place to be for the J4J program. Mesa sucks and Chautaqua is not much better. The last J4J class went very senior at PSA so I think it will be a while before we run out of APL pilots looking to get back to flying.

psacowboy said:
For a while the J4J classes were going junior, but now word is out that PSA is the place to be for the J4J program. Mesa sucks and Chautaqua is not much better. The last J4J class went very senior at PSA so I think it will be a while before we run out of APL pilots looking to get back to flying.

I don't think PSA is the best place to be for J4Jers. From what I understand, their seniority at PSA is based on their PSA Indoc class date. So if they come now as an FO they will be junior to other J4Jers that took the FO spot earlier. Even though they may be more senior on the APL list, they will be junior at PSA and end up on Hot Reserve Hell for most of their duration at PSA.

Also, a lot of the line holding for J4J pilots will be short lived once the ratio gets back to 50/50. Once the Dorniers are all parked, it will probably be nothing but PSA pilots going to class for a while.

PSACowboy,
It's not in our best interest to paint a rosey picture here at PSA for J4Jers.

Next time they use the apl for PSA will be last call for FO slots. CA slots still senior.

You're absolutely right about being perpetually junior, but I don't think all the apl pilots grasp that. However, if you see "growth" aircraft (700's) at PSA it would change the game a little.

BTW thanks for the laugh: The mainline MEC playing hardball, that's priceless!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back