Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ERJ-140

Whistling $-Can-Fan :)
Okay...... After several notes back and forth to FalconCapt I have decided that FC is correct and that the appropriate course of action in all of this scandal is to be a man about it.

Let me start by saying that I have not been intentionally changing screen names to hide my identity. In reality, I would prefer to have kept my original screen name and left it at that. As I have stated, and as FC noted in another post, I have had my accounts repeatedly "demoted" to "Guest" status. Because my prior reputation (fair or unfair as it may be) kept getting in the way of my ability to have an objective conversation I thought it would be helpful to try and start anew as someone else.

In my zeal and affection for this site I clearly used poor judgment in pretending in part to be someone I am not. Obviously, moderators can tell who is who, so I was certainly only kidding myself.

I am not sure I have to go through the list of screen names over again, as FC has already put it out there (Skull-One, LegacyDriver, etc. - excepting Legacy390 - that guy isn't me!).

There have also been some really silly and stupid rumors flying around about me and I can only say those are bunk. Be that as it may, an accusation of misconduct sticks long after the acquittal and I will simply have to deal with that.

I want to apologize to everyone here for attempting to mislead you regarding my identity. I felt being someone other than "Skull-One" was the only way to get a fair and objective discussion going, and indeed, for a bit it worked (though in all honesty, I would have kept that screen name had I been allowed to and just hoped through the decency and goodwill of others that I would eventually be given the benefit of the doubt).

My primary experience is quite clearly the Embraer 145 series of airplanes. I have had time in numerous Citation models as an SIC as well, but consider the 145 my "bread and butter" airplane. I hold a type rating in the Embraer 145 and have flown all the major models (135, 140, 145, and Legacy) as both a Captain and First Officer over a period of five years and 4,000 hours. I consider myself "above average" in my knowledge of the aircraft and it was my hope that I could share this with the Flightinfo community in some meaningful way. Hopefully I will be allowed to in the future.

Please realize that I do have enemies in this industry (don't we all) with a rather morbid desire to defame me in public and as a result I hope you will at least understand my reluctance to reveal every aspect of my life to you here. I am a "publically private" person which is a bit of a contradiction. I am also incredibly outspoken (though not intentionally in a bad way). I am certainly *NOT* a bad guy. I'm just someone who learned a couple of life lessons the VERY HARD way and took a major hit in the reputation department as a result. I think I am a better person because of it, and if nothing else, at least I learned something from it. Sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me. I'll work on it! :)

I truly enjoy the people on this site. I apologize for my contributions to the heated conversations that have taken place. I hold no personal animosity toward anyone here. I have never attempted to mislead you regarding the performance of the Legacy. I can only tell you what I know and hope you will accept it at face value.

I think that should cover it. Again, apologies to any who may have been offended or angered by me. I certainly never wanted that to happen.

This is a great site with a lot of valuable people and information. I am an eager learner and want to thank everyone for all they have contributed to my knoweldge base. I hope to be able to return the favor at some future date.

I think that is about it for now. Should I meet you in public the first round is on me.

I love you guys! :)

Cheerio!

Last edited:
ERJ,

I haven't followed the story you describe, but I know it takes a big man to stand up, admit doing something he wishes he hadn't, and make an open apology. Let the first person who never made a mistake make the next post. Whatever transpired, I'd say you've made a very respectable recovery. Life goes on. People on this forum may not know who you are, but you do...and that's what you have to be comfortable with. Good show.

Good post, ERJ.

But now how the hell are we gonna get the Legacy thread to 2000 posts? :D

ERJ-140,
Congratulations, that was the best possible move you could have made. We've all done things we wish we could have done different, just learn from it. Apology accepted.

No dog in this fight, yet I know the allegations and the vitriol surrounding you and your past, ERJ.

That post took humility and guts. Kudos to Falcon for a graceful reply as well.

So FalconCapt,

After publicly apologizing, would we be able to let Mr. ERJ-140 have the name SKULL-1 back if he wanted it?

BoilerUP said:
So FalconCapt,

After publicly apologizing, would we be able to let Mr. ERJ-140 have the name SKULL-1 back if he wanted it?
Actually, he has requested the name "LegacyDriver" back, I have contacted the Webmaster and it looks like that will come to being here in the very near future.

(I have no control over the accounts, the Webmaster is the only one who can do that...)

Thanks for taking the high road Legacy Driver.

BTW, Rubens Barrichello came into IND in a Legacy last night. Swiss registry for you A.netters out there... ;)

FalconCapt--Sexy avatar! :D TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back