Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RafaelThielmann

Hey folks!,
Since I'm way down here at brazil, i would like to know from you guys if anyone knows a good A&P School in San Diego area...
I'm moving there ASAP to get my FAA licenses, so I'll need the school to get a temporary visa and the education needed to apply for the tests.
The main reason I'm looking for the A&P school is because i've just found out that my employer isn't going to give me the experience letter to present to the FAA office to get the autorization to apply for the tests...
They claim that "...a VEM employer doesn't need to have a FAA license..." MotherF*ckers!!! They're making me a sorry miserable bastard...
So thanks anyone who will put himself to the trouble of finding out some phone numbers for me...

Last edited:
Thanks, 81 horse
I've logged on their web page, found the A&P course, and now I've e-mailed them asking about prices, visa, and all the things I must know

The main reason I'm looking for the A&P school is because i've just found out that my employer isn't going to give me the experience letter to present to the FAA office to get the autorization to apply for the tests...

I read in another post that you're 18 and only a few months at your job. Nobody will sign you off to test unless you've been working aircraft since you were 15-16. You need 30 months experience on airframe and powerplant to test out for both licenses (or graduating an A&P school).

Best of luck at finding a school and gaining your certification.

Google is your friend to look for other schools if that one doesn't work out.

Last edited:
"I read in another post that you're 18 and only a few months at your job. Nobody will sign you off to test unless you've been working aircraft since you were 15-16. You need 30 months experience on airframe and powerplant to test out for both licenses (or graduating an A&P school).

Best of luck at finding a school and gaining your certification."

I belive you got the balls mixed-up, the 4 out of 18 and counting of my profile was about the time needed to apply to ONE license out of experience (18 months of practical experience), Not my age, i'm actually 26 (have done some good 10 years of auto mechanics)...
But no matter how many months I've been at aviation mechanics, i've decided to take all the classes for Powerplant and Airframe.

And the miramar college seems a very good place to go, since 30 minutes north from downtown san diego, is almost my uncle's house.... Probably I will be able to get there in 15-20 minutes... and the price is very reasonable also...

Anyhow thanks for your trouble to give me some advices... probably see you all guys in a few years.

Latest resources

Back