A&P School Near SeaTac...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stearmann4

Does anyone know of an A&P Program in the SeaTac area? I'm located in Olympia, WA and I'm looking for a program I can commute to.

Thanks,

Mike-

I believe Clover Park Technical College in Tacoma has an A&P course and it would be closer to you than SeaTac. If you still want the SeaTac area there's South Seattle Community College.

I hear Clover Park has a good program. SSCC still has their collective head up their ass.

I heard just the opposite but that was a few years ago. I know a couple of the part time instructors at SSCC. Haven't heard any negativity.

When I went to SSCC several years ago it was pretty good -- several good part-time instructors with real world experience, a dean who knew what he was doing, and a lot of planes which could actually be run, taxied, etc. From what I was told by people who graduated recently it has gotten much worse. They replaced the competent dean for political reasons, and at least two good instructors are gone (and one died. RIP, Chuck). All that notwithstanding, I don't believe the program prepared me well for an airline job. To my knowledge, all the current full time instructors have worked only in GA, many years ago at that.

Latest resources

Back