• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
NTSB Investigating Flight Options Beechjet Flameout
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A Flight Options Beechjet 400A, believed to be headed to a Miami-area airport with several passengers aboard, experienced a dual-engine flameout over the Gulf of Mexico on July 12. According to the FAA, the incident occurred while the aircraft was at altitude, and the crew was able to restart one engine after gliding to a lower altitude. The crew declared an emergency and diverted to Sarasota, Fla., where the aircraft landed safely. Initial examination of the Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D-5 turbofans revealed no mechanical anomalies, according to the NTSB. The Safety Board is still analyzing fuel samples taken from both the Beechjet and the last location where the aircraft uploaded fuel before the incident. An FAA spokesman told AIN Alerts that the Beechjet was being operated under Part 135 air-taxi rules, but Flight Options disputed this point. Flight Options further said that the passengers aboard the aircraft continued on to their destination, but did not say by what mode. Raytheon Aircraft and Pratt & Whitney Canada declined comment, citing the ongoing NTSB investigation.

[/font]

We're always on the cutting edge here....we're looking into the feasibility of a Glider program with the fractionals. As you can see, the glider was capable of crossing the Gulf! :D The program might just work! :eek:

We got something like that at NetJets - we call it the Fuel cost savings program. So far, the pilots don't like it too much . . .

Just in jest - no angry thoughts!

BTW - Reguardless of what happened on that flight, good job to the crew for saving the aircraft, pax, and themselves.

So that's why I have been seeing an increased number of SSA members in Sarasota. :p

beechjet glider over gulf of mexico

are life raft's standard equipment on the beechjet at Flight Options? Did the aircraft in question have the required liferaft on board?

are life raft's standard equipment on the beechjet at Flight Options? Did the aircraft in question have the required liferaft on board?
Are you kidding with this question? PART135, 50 Nautical miles a life raft is required 100 Nautical miles for PART 91. May not be standard equipment, but rest assured they had one!

I think that ALL Flight Options aircraft carry life rafts/survival kits at all times. I know, at the very least, Beechjets and larger aircraft have them as standard equipment.

Where?

I am not doubting you, but having been on the 400 a few times with the cramped cabin, where is the life raft stowed whoch can hold the passengers and crew? There does not seem to be a lot of extra room to store it?

Thanks.

Anyone know about the Citation VII and Excel?

Latest resources

Back