61.129 long x-city question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jdlilfan

Part 61.129 a/4/i One Cross-country flight of not less than 300 nautical miles total distance, with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a straight-line distance of at least 250 nautical miles from the original departure point.

I flew part of my long cross country under IFR almost a year ago and a few flight instructors recommended that I fly it IFR for the Actual time. Now I have been told by current instructors that I have to redo my x-city under VFR? The reg's don't state whether or not it has to be under VFR or IFR. Just wondering what other's opinions are about this?

Get a new instructor. It can be IFR(actual, not simulated cause it is supposed to be only you in the plane).

The commercial =dual= cross countries need to be VFR. The solo just needs to be solo. There's no requirement of the flight rules or the flight conditions it needs to be under.

Look at the wording of the 2 regs. When the FAR wants it to be in "VFR conditions," it tells you it needs to be in "VFR conditions."

Latest resources

Back