• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

280kts Below 10K???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree, controllers can't legally authorize you to go above 250 KTS below 10, and large aircraft that must exceed the limit have always had permission, controller authorization not required.

call it what you want...but houston has been doin it for quite some time, and ive yet to hear ANYONE question them ;)

***disclaimer*** i havent been to houston in a few years and am not sure if they do it anymore?!?

Should have started with your disclaimer.

The experiment in Houston was terminated over a year ago. And it was an experiment authorized by the Administrator.

Kingairyahoo, as SSDD mentions, that situation at IAH was a temporary experiment that ended.

I was assigned 250kts or greater climbing through 6000' in class E airspace last week....wish the controllers would stop confusing us dumb pilots.

were they talking to a military aircraft?

While an individual controller is not the Administrator, and authority to routinely operate above 250KTS below 10,000' comes by letter of agreement, if a controller says, "you need to be doing 280KTS NOW' I'm going to comply and sort of the details later.
Sure just make sure you follow up with a NASA from...

Latest resources

Back