• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

23,300 pilots per year thru 2029

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I did have my stuff in with various carriers. Anybody remember how much American wanted for application fee's? Wasn't it like $150? I did not have my app in with United and I let my app at US Air laps. Northwest if I remember correctly dumped there app pool and demanded everybody reapply and pay the fee again, f'ing crooks... Then 9-11 happened and I knew I was stuck for the duration.

Buy the time the next bubble happened I was in a catch-22 situation. I had lots of bills and was reluctant to make the move and cut my pay in half or more. Maybe it worked out for the best because at least I had a steady paycheck. But I am getting tired of living on the road. This month I had to take myself below min days off again (11) just to make a little extra cash.

Now thanks to the international banking cartels we are going to see major inflation that will be the final nail in our economic coffins. There is no way in hell Joe Six-pack and his family will be able to travel by plane when the buying power of our dollar is going to be 30-50% less by the end of 2012.

That is unless we start a new world war.

Wow, you're just a victim of the system man aren't you? No control over your destiny. You didn't want to sacrifice a $100 app fee and now you're paying with a Mesa schedule-
I really don't argue for the unmotivated in this career. Its competitive- get a ball sack, get off the couch and go get a better job, or don't and live the life YOU created.

While I'm also not willing to buy into the newest pilot shortage hype for the US market, the growth in Asia & other developing regions is real. If nothing else, this may at least keep at bay our long-held fear of cheap foreign labor coming on shore to fill US pilot jobs.

Everybody is correct! There is a coming shortage of pilots. When the shortage gets here there will be lots of hiring into what will still be low paying crappy jobs.

Don't think for a SECOND that the shortage will in any way improve pay or scheduling. It won't.

Everybody is correct! There is a coming shortage of pilots. When the shortage gets here there will be lots of hiring into what will still be low paying crappy jobs.

Don't think for a SECOND that the shortage will in any way improve pay or scheduling. It won't.

I really want to disagree with you but I can't

Another excuse to raise the retirement age. Same articles were out prior to the age 65 thing.

M

Wow, you're just a victim of the system man aren't you? No control over your destiny. You didn't want to sacrifice a $100 app fee and now you're paying with a Mesa schedule-
I really don't argue for the unmotivated in this career. Its competitive- get a ball sack, get off the couch and go get a better job, or don't and live the life YOU created.

You infer to much from my comments. I accept responsibility for the choices I have made. Could I have fared better by moving on? Yes, as long as I picked the right carrier to go to. I remember when South West was considered a bottom feeder when compared to the likes of a United.

But of course you are the genius for being lucky enough to make the right choice at the right time and now mock others who did not.

Mesaserf- thx for the bottomfeeder line- that was good. Not everything is relative man.

As for me- I'm lucky, sure. But I'm lucky bc I worked.
I hate the concept of 'victim of circumstance' which is what that complaining is all about.
As for me - 6 airlines, 2 furloughs, and Wn is the 2nd time men have told me I'm lucky Ill never have to interview again...
I'm listening to that now as little as I did then... But lucky for sure- grateful and humbled, having fun, making $$, doing my best for swa bc of all the crap organizations out there providing airline services- I feel I ought to reward the ones who manage and lead so well....

Pilotyip,

Once the hiring boom starts next year do you expect it to last a long time?
Untill the recession of 2017, but it won't be as bad as 1982 or 2008, more like 1992

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are those who would gladly step on the backs of there fellow pilots to get a head.

I was walking to my gate the other day, reminiscing about the good old days of America West before we aquired the leper colony that was Us Air. I noticed that I had something under my shoe, like a wad of gum or a old pebble. It was VERY ANNOYING to say the least. I checked it out and it wasn't gum or a rock. It turns out it was the back of an East Pilot. Once I realized that, it wasn't so annoying.

Latest resources

Back