2 more SkyWest questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Calpilot

Thanks for all the great info in the past. I haven't interviewed yet, but I have 2 more advance questions:

1. What is the callout time for CRJ reserves (I live just over an hour away from SMF and I heard it's going jet)?

2. What is the process for getting transferred to SMF if I don't get it to start. How long would it take (guesses are ok).

I hope to interview soon and have CL-65 experience with another regional.

TIA

Call out for everyone on reserve is 90 mins (for now). SMF is probably going to go very senior for F/o's as pretty much everyone who is going to be displaced from the brasilia base (I'm going to guess) is going to bid the jet. Plus there are going to be alot of people who commute to FAT who will want to go to SMF. It's going to be a while to get the transfer, assuming you get the jet initially. the new bid list came out today for the jet. I dropped a bunch of slots for a jet class, and I've been here since last March. Getting a California CRJ slot right now requires about 2 years of seniority. In addition, there are a ton of people who are bidding the jet who weren't before, so I"d bet the most newhires, despite previous experience, will be put inthe emb. With pay being the same the first year for both planes, take the brasilia and you'll barely be on reserve, and make a bunch more #$$$$ than being on reserve for the jet. We are however getting aton of jets and keeping most of the emb's, so who knows... Hope this answers you're questions...I figured I'd give Andy a day off. :D

Mookie

Latest resources

Back