191 Early Out retirement takers at DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

That is supposedly the number from the Dalpa website. Initially there were about 250, but they had 2 weeks after the deadline to reverse it. According to a Dalpa retirement guy on that thread, there are 65 other pilots that will mandatorily retire at 65 next year that for some reason didn't take the early out, so that means at least 256 pilots leaving within the next 17 months. Not bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not great, but not bad. RMA's were in some good seats. The breakdown should be out tonight.

I was flying with a NW captain who told me he couldn't take the retirement because he was supposed to get $14,000/mo pension, but now it was only $10,000. Sure glad I get to pay for that the rest of my career. I reminded him of my nothing, and he quieted down a bit.

Too bad a 250-300 number was advertised when the TA sell job was going on.

Nu

251 signed up for it, so they were right, until 60 got scared. How can you blame Dalpa for 60 people getting scared?

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is less them 2%

M

That is less them 2%

M

Someone needs an alcohol test...... It was a voluntary early out that had medical insurance attached. It was not bad, and may help with progression and possible hiring.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I thought there were going to be 300? Am I surprised that the number is lower than was advertised: no.

I thought there were going to be 300? Am I surprised that the number is lower than was advertised: no.

Does anyone know the Powerball numbers?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back