• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1900 Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How are all the 1900 operators holding up to the new FAA mandated passenger weights? Is it more common to bump pax or bags than in the past?

I would say the biggest change is attention to fuel load.
Gone are the days of P.F. of 3200lbs we are fueling a lot closer to min. Also bags that may in the past have been checked on the wing are going in the closet and those in the closet under the seat. So far I guess I have been fortunate as not having to bump any bags or people. BUT with summer TS season and loads I'm sure its just a matter of time. On a lighter note the airplane responds better now at MGTOW.

1900 weights

I've left behind 14 bags, 35 pounds of cargo, but only 1 pax so far. Of course, come winter/holiday travel, we're going to be leaving people behind big time. Looking back on last winter, there's no way we'll be able to do that again, with full pax and 2 bags each.
As for fuel, we're leaving a lot more often with 2000 lbs- the difference between max ZFW and MTOW. Might cause problems occasionally in winter also with 2 alternates on long flights. Oh well, maybe they'll hurry up retirement of the Mighty Beechcraft and get us all RJ's, right? :)

Latest resources

Back