Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 vs 121.... Someone explain this to me...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilothouston123

Why on a Saturday night, There are 250+ people viewing the Major and regional forums. Where as the 135 and cargo forums have less than 10 people viewing..... Does that mean that us 135 pilots are so tired from working hard during the week that we cant turn on our puters? Does that mean the us 135 pilots have dates on SAturday nights? or maby it means that us 135 pilots are stuck in some crappy FBO on a satuday night waiting for an organ with no wireless internet access?

Please help and try to figure this one out..

Just good clean fun ya'all

No one wants to admitt they are in the cargo or 135 on-demand business, it is not as cool as all the college grads on the regional form talking about how bad the industry is getting. The really cool people have come up throught 135 on-demand route and know a good job when they finally get one.

Simple numbers,

There are a whole lot more folks working for the regionals/majors than there are living on the pager for 135 operators. Just a rough estimate in Houston there are probably 150 part 135 aviators, whereas there are thousands of 121 guys.

F9 Buff said:
135 guys typically fly old POS airplanes and usually at night in the worst wx and for even less than what the airlines pay.

At least that is the stereotype I have always heard.

At least as it applies to the regionals, you would be incorrect. depending on the city and employer, 135 pilots at the better operators generally make more than their regional counterparts.

135 guys are overworked, underpaid, often are worked to their duty limit, and don't get enough time to sleep, let alone have time to themselves. Especially when they got to split their 5 days off every other week between spending time with their woman at home and with their children from a former mariage, who happen live 8 hours away. How much free time would you have if you're only home for 2-4 days a month?

phil said:
135 guys are overworked, underpaid, often are worked to their duty limit, and don't get enough time to sleep, let alone have time to themselves. Especially when they got to split their 5 days off every other week between spending time with their woman at home and with their children from a former mariage, who happen live 8 hours away. How much free time would you have if you're only home for 2-4 days a month?

Ignorance is a beautiful thing, isn't it Phil? The diversity in working enviroments for 135 operators is amazing. I worked for a 135 company for 4 years, and I loved it. I got plenty of sleep, and averaged 15 days off a month and probably 5-8 nights on the road a month. And I made more money than the next two flying jobs. Next time, do some research before you begin to spout out a lot of nonsense.

Cargo 135 guys can't afford computers or an internet connection. They all get kicked out of the local FBOs, so they can't use the FBOs computer either. Reality check.

Hmmm... Not sure what cargo company you talked to, but mine hooks me up with a hotel so I can get plenty of sleep, a vehicle or free shuttle to and from the hotel, and 99% of the hotels I've been to have an internet connection so I can use my laptop I can't afford to get online. Never been kicked out of an FBO either...

Just a reality check.

pilothouston123 said:
Why on a Saturday night, There are 250+ people viewing the Major and regional forums. Where as the 135 and cargo forums have less than 10 people viewing..... Does that mean that us 135 pilots are so tired from working hard during the week that we cant turn on our puters? Does that mean the us 135 pilots have dates on SAturday nights? or maby it means that us 135 pilots are stuck in some crappy FBO on a satuday night waiting for an organ with no wireless internet access?

Please help and try to figure this one out..

Just good clean fun ya'all

Dude, if you think that's weird, check this out Holmes....It's Sunday night and look at where all the FAL freaks are...

FAL Files said:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php?s=

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Currently Active Users[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]: 2430[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]There are 1069 members and 1361 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 6739 on July 22, 2005 at 19:32.[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back