135 Operator in Seattle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flybyjlane

If anyone lives/wants to live in the Pacific NW and fly 135, go to Aeroflight Executive Services. It is a great place to fly to get real IFR experience. There will soon be several pilot openings, and I'm sure they will start rounding up interviews soon. For the app, go to http://jobapp.biz/aeroflight/index.php

If anyone has any Q's, feel free to PM me, I am currently employed as a Training Captain for the company

What are the chances of being based out of SEA? I know you guys do a lot of flying in ID, WA, OR but I would prefer the QOL..

We basically fly a twin Cessna/Piper fleet, with a couple of other random airplanes. Chances of being based out of Seattle depends on the need-we have bases in Seattle, Portland, Spokane, and Boise. The Boise base is locked up for a while, but pilots can move between other bases when runs open up.

flybyjlane said:
If anyone lives/wants to live in the Pacific NW and fly 135, go to Aeroflight Executive Services. It is a great place to fly to get real IFR experience. There will soon be several pilot openings, and I'm sure they will start rounding up interviews soon. For the app, go to http://jobapp.biz/aeroflight/index.php

If anyone has any Q's, feel free to PM me, I am currently employed as a Training Captain for the company

Who's leaving?

Just a word of warning-- I rented from there about 3yrs ago:
1) During checkout in the ridiculously overpriced C172RG (in which they make you shoot 2 approaches under the hood).. NDB needle actually came off the hub and sort of dangled there.. prompting the CFI to say 'ok - good enough'.
2) When I rented a C172 a yr later to take my buddy and his kids around the pattern- alternator failed and the already weak battery yielded NO radios-- allowing me to demonstrate my '7600' and light-gun signal proficiency.

Pehaps they've cleaned up their act and/or maintain their 135 fleet to different standards..

--for what its worth--

Yeah that's too bad, I hate crap like that. Aeroflight hasn't been a flight school for a while now, just a 135 operator. The aircraft maintenance is good, if anything is ever wrong with an aircraft, it is fixed before the next flight. There are maintenance bases almost everywhere that there is a pilot base specifically for that reason. Thanks for your concern

Latest resources

Back