• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! Seldom have I ever seen a more off target, foolish, misguided and inaccurate post. You may have learned to fly but you seriously flunked history. No matter. Think what make what makes you happy. Just don't teach your kids that line f bs. They'll get seriously humiliated if they repeat it to anyone. Oh, and you forgot to mention that a good starting union hourly wage (such as someone might earn while building flight time) was $2.35 an hour. C-150 rented for 7.00 if you were in a flying club. Year? 1966. Just putting $ into perspective.

Tick, tock. Almost time for the big reset. The wheel turns.

So for 3 hours of pay you could get one flight hour? That actually sounds pretty good. At $15 per hour it takes almost an entire days pay (before taxes) to pay for 1 hour. Once again, a baby boomer has tried to justify their greed. Your parents were the greatest generation. Your generation on the other hand were the first generation that was entitled. Don't worry. We will (my generation) fix it. As for history lessons, don't even start. Your generation has chosen to creatively write every one of today's history books so poorly and inaccurately that you must actually challenge the fact and research it on your own.

I wish you all luck in your retirements. We should all be so lucky someday. I wish you all the best. I really do. But we will clean up your mess and do what we can to fix your generations shortcomings.

X

6 hours to go! Is it illegal to shoot a gun straight up in the air "Yosemite Sam" Style?

X

Which major airline will retire the first pilot? Is there a pilot due to retire 12/13/2012?

i flew with one that retired 4 days ago. his birthday is 12-14-12. He wasn't happy about it. He said "I don't have any hobby's too expensive. Sitting in this seat is my hobby."

My only reply was "This is my career. I suggest you find a new hobby."

Clock can't tick down fast enough

i flew with one that retired 4 days ago. his birthday is 12-14-12. He wasn't happy about it. He said "I don't have any hobby's too expensive. Sitting in this seat is my hobby."

My only reply was "This is my career. I suggest you find a new hobby."

Clock can't tick down fast enough

+1.

Took almost 1260 days to get here.

But at least the stagnation is over. For five years there was no hope. The day after tomorrow, we can again believe that our hopes, that were put on hold, can again begin to be fulfilled.

Ironically, the ones that got the extra five years were the ones that had the easiest time obtaining the job. Some were paid by the airlines to get their licenses. Some were national guard after Vietnam that never once fired a shot. Other were school kids that went to college to stay out of the draft. They paid $4 for a Cessna 150 and believed that if the war continued that they would be assured a flight spot. In the late 60's the cost per hour of a Cessna 150 was the equivalent to 10 loafs of bread and a gallon of milk. Now the SAME EXACT 150 is $100. That could feed a family of four for a week. Oil was cheap in their day. In the late 60's more oil was the United States biggest export. The airlines also had near explosive growth right when they started their careers.

It is our turn at the table. We deserve it. The current generation has done nothing but sold us under the table our entire lives. Everything from healthcare cost, to scope relief for management.

The baby boomers will get theirs just as they always have. Now I am eager to clean up the mess.

Rant off...

LESS THAN 2 TO GO!

X

Sounds accurate enough to me...

Wow! Seldom have I ever seen a more off target, foolish, misguided and inaccurate post. You may have learned to fly but you seriously flunked history. No matter. Think what make what makes you happy. Just don't teach your kids that line f bs. They'll get seriously humiliated if they repeat it to anyone. Oh, and you forgot to mention that a good starting union hourly wage (such as someone might earn while building flight time) was $2.35 an hour. C-150 rented for 7.00 if you were in a flying club. Year? 1966. Just putting $ into perspective.

Tick, tock. Almost time for the big reset. The wheel turns.

Biggest lie I've heard in the last five years: "Most of us will be out of here by 62 guys"

Gettin close!

And post #4000 to boot! I'd like to thank Whataburger and Quimby as well as all the other regulars. You guys kick ***!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back