• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing that would make Page 190 worthless is that there is no actual countdown number on it, yet.

Go back and read the first 189 pages. This is not about a pilot shortage, and we aren't counting down the days until we open a flight school in December.

+1000 We are counting down to the point were the play button is once again pressed. For the last 1,548 days,`the industry has been paused. It never should have happened this way!

+1000 We are counting down to the point were the play button is once again pressed. For the last 1,548 days,`the industry has been paused. It never should have happened this way!

Ok, I understand, however, pressing play still won't help if the movie scene involves a frozen still shot. That's where this industry is today.

Ok, I understand, however, pressing play still won't help if the movie scene involves a frozen still shot. That's where this industry is today.

I truly believe that, while there are many reasons why the industry has been frozen for the last few years, the improper introduction of the Age 65 rule was the reason the industry stopped in its tracks. That means that the resumption of retirements is the first step of several to correcting the career stagnation in this industry.

Do I believe that there will be a massive pilot shortage? I am not convinced there will be. However, I do believe there will be radical realignments in the industry over the next 5 years. What impact will this have on pilot career growth? I am not sure yet, but I am looking forward to finding out.

I truly believe that, while there are many reasons why the industry has been frozen for the last few years, the improper introduction of the Age 65 rule was the reason the industry stopped in its tracks. That means that the resumption of retirements is the first step of several to correcting the career stagnation in this industry.

Do I believe that there will be a massive pilot shortage? I am not convinced there will be. However, I do believe there will be radical realignments in the industry over the next 5 years. What impact will this have on pilot career growth? I am not sure yet, but I am looking forward to finding out.

The escalator has been stopped for almost 5 years which is why I advocated a phased on approach, much like social security moving from 65 to 67 (OK, faster than that), if the change HAD to be made.

As far as a massive pilot shortage, probably not. But with the much smaller pool of entry level professional pilots, we will likely see a shift of flying from regionals (for greater frequency between city pairs) to mainline (less daily service but approximately the same available seats). High oil prices will also accelerate the shift from regional to mainline service among city pairs. Dropping 2 RJs and replacing them with 1 A319/737 will be overall negative for pilot jobs but it will shift the jobs from regionals to mainline. That shift of flying will delay any possible pilot shortage for quite a few years.
For mainline pilots, scope will be key. We need to push the line back down to 50, as hard as that will be. I don't see 50 seaters being viable on many city pairs in the future.

190 pages of worthless information. If anyone thinks the floodgates will open in Dec 2012, or anytime soon for that matter, they are in for a rude awakening. There is no, and will never be, a pilot shortage. Future deliveries do not have to replace older aircraft on a 1-for-1 basis. In fact, at places like AA, you could have 1 new 737 and 2 MD80s parked. The legacies will downsize in response to what the new American economy is becoming.

Nobody said there was going to be a massive pilot shortage.

Just some much needed movement.

Man, it's the same bull$hit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N

I did it when I was a freshman, and you'll do it when you're seniors. but you're doing great. Now fry like bacon, you little freshman piggies. Fry!

I did it when I was a freshman, and you'll do it when you're seniors. but you're doing great. Now fry like bacon, you little freshman piggies. Fry!

Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place... Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place

Tee'd Up !....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back