Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JoeyC

Hey All..

I haven't posted too much on these forums. Mostly just questions here and there and rants and raves. Just curious as to whether anyone knows of any jobs for someone with 1100/92 multi? I've had resumes out with almost every regional out there for the past 8 months and haven't heard anything.

I know a lot of places want 100 hours of multi but multi time isn't exactly cheap and money is an issue right now. I though about getting my CFI but like I said, money is an issue. Currently I'm working as an aircraft fueler at southwest florida international (RSW) to put some bread on the table.

I subscribe to airlineapps and keep my account updated and I check climbto350.com everyday as well. Mostly high time jobs are what I find.
I'm interested in Airnet and FlightExpress and I know FlightExpress does a lot of flying down here in Florida so they would be ideal but I'm not sure if they only hire guys/gals with 135 IFR mins or if they have some vfr runs that a guy in my position would qualify for.

Oh well, just thought I'd throw my question out there and see if anyone has any helpful info. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Flight Express requires 135 minimums. I think you ought to get your CFI/CFII at least and get some dual under the belt. How did you get most of your time?

I would say your best bet is to get 135 minimums and go from there.

I got most of my time flying skydivers. VFR up and down all day but my goal is to fly for a regional/major someday or fly freight and flying skydivers in a cessna isn't gonna get me there but it did help with the total time. I acquired a lot of my twin time by sitting in on some part 91 legs and I also bought a 50 hour block of twin time at Ari-Ben awhile back.

Find someway to get over 100 multi and 135 mins.

On another note, I instruct down here in Naples. I usually get a touch and go at least once a day up there. Are you fueling GA or airlines?

I'm over at the midfield terminal fueling the big guys...although I wish I worked on the GA side at Private Sky, they pay much better plus you make tips off of the corporate guys that come in.
How much would a basic CFI(I) package cost me down in Naples and is it fairly easy to get a CFI job around here?
Also I spoke with the owner of Ari Ben in Ft. Pierce and he said that I could get 10-12 more hours in one of his Duchess' plus instructor, pre, post flight instruction for $2500 so I need to check and see what kind of loans are available:)

Its pretty easy to get a CFI job almost anywhere (especially at the place you train). However, If you did it at APF, I would not recommend the Naples Air Center. Is there flight instruction or anything going on at RSW? What about Page?

nuthin going on at RSW......Page is where all the flight schools are located so maybe I can look into that and see how much its gonna set me back on my days off. I have a question for ya that you might be able to help me out on..check your PM.

1) what was your experience at Ari-Ben like.

2) you are not far off. Maybe a little more multi would help, something like 200 is gold.

3) some carriers like to see that you CFI'ed at some point. You learn a lot and become a better pilot by doing so. This may even cause you to be passed over.

4) get those 135 mins. like others have said. You will build TT and eventually get a ME run.

Places that hire with your time. Kalitta Charters, Royal Air, Ameristar, Air Cargo Carriers, Maybe cherry Air, Mountain air cargo. Also places that hire with your time but may be less desirable to work for depending on who you talk to: Skyway (cargo shorts operator out of kissimme not the regional), Tricostal (formerly grand air). Also try www.raa.org in the airlines member section.-kingaira90

all of the above are all turbine, many are all jet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back