Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone else thing flying is boring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Professional flying can become routine. However, I personally do not find it boring and love the job even after two plus decades. Yes we all complain about mgmt, the cba being better, etc. You find that in any job. No job is ever perfect. I however wouldn't trade the job for anything else. I have yet to perform any two flights that were exactly the same. If you are bored then you're are doing something wrong. Heck my last flight had several reroutes, constantly updating fuel calculations, weather deviations, calling dispatch, changing alternates based on the updated fuel and weather. Also, depending on equipment and what part of the country/world you are flying in you need to be charting an looking at your Depress options should you need to come down in a hurry. Instantly heading down to 10,000 isn't always possible. There are more than enough items to be considered or monitored to keep on busy. The guy/gal in the seat next to you should be doing the exact same.

On the layovers if you are staying in your hotel room, that is on you. Go explore the local are and any place of interest that you want to go. On the min rest overnights at 10 hours you might stay in, hit the gym, and get room service so you are rested for the following day.

If you don't like the job, go get a job you do like and that makes you happy. Typically those who get into Aviation simply for the paycheck, its a cool job, etc don't last.

Doesn't look too boring

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back