• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

wow! (stock prices)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pardon my ignorance but do you think it's a good time to buy Airliner Stock since it's so low?

air line stocks

not realy i would wait and see which one get sent to what they call the pink sheets,,, ie penny stocks and once there they do not trade much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

This is absolutely the best time to buy airline stock. The stock market is a gamble, and buying airline stock for $1 a share and hoping it goes up in the next couple years is a good bet to me.

Vegas

Done that before. Got real lucky. Basicly if it is NOT a blue chip stock, I consider it like Vegas. Once you put your money on the table it is gone. If you walk away with any money, it is pure profit. Personally, I wouldn't invest in an airline looking toward making a killing. If I had any extra funds available, I would invest in an airline or two. But would consider it lost money. If I won, Great. If I lost, Oh well.

go with an index

If your into the stock market and you not an investor you should go with an index fund they are just like the mutual funds that you get through your 401 program at work but they can be a group of stocks from one industry or a mixture If you believe in the airline industry but do not know which one is going to go bankrupt (by the way nobody knows ie pan am) buy the airline index it's ticker is XAL

At least your on the right track buy low sell high but be very warry of very low It will take w while for dollar stocks to see the teens A lot of people hold on when it goes down when it starts rising again they sell and the price faces resistence and goes down again
best of luck you'll need it in the stock market

Invest in an airline? Ha

When a stock plummets, it isn't "on sale". Rather the market is telling you what it thinks it is actually worth. When an airline stock goes to a small fraction of its previous value instedad of to zero, it's often because there are always a few investors (even pros) who think it's on sale and it can't go any lower. The fact is that airlines do go out of business and stock prices go to zero regularly.

Here's a great little Q&A session with Warren Buffet who Owned a major stake in USAir. Follow his lead, he knows what he's talking about.

Actually Warren Buffet still does own an airline, NetJets, and is making a bundle on it.

Latest resources

Back