Who Is The Best Applicant For Regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI'er

Who will be the best candidate for the Regional’s?

Candidate Charlie, holds an ATP-multi with 1500 total hours and 130 hours multi.

Candidate Bravo holds the CFI certificate, has 1500 total hours, 1000 hours as a Flight Instructor, and 200 hours multi.

Since "charlie" was not a CFI, he obvioussy built time otherways and likely flew 135 and probably has a lot more multi time than "bravo".

In your case, the'r both about equal, IMO.

If charlie had 400 multi and 350 turbine, he would likely get the job over bravo, again IMO.

The best applicant is the one who is determined and persistant to get the job he or she wants. Don't get caught up in all the numbers. Don't worry about what the other person has. The number one goal is to get an interview do well and get the job. I have seen less qualified pilots in the flight time area get jobs because they were more qualified in the attitide department.

Jeff

Deftone45075 said:
Since "charlie" was not a CFI, he obvioussy built time otherways and likely flew 135 and probably has a lot more multi time than "bravo".

In your case, the'r both about equal, IMO.

If charlie had 400 multi and 350 turbine, he would likely get the job over bravo, again IMO.

Uhh, it says how much multi time they each have but IMO, the ATP cerificate holder carries a more weight.

Uhh, I know it says how much multi they each have! What I was trying to say is that it is a poor hypethetical example by putting down that the non-cfi will have less multi time. That's why I added my own example. And I agree the ATP would carry the most weight out of the credentials.

And I also believe it is above all, about attitude and professionalism.

Deftone45075 said:
Uhh, I know it says how much multi they each have! What I was trying to say is that it is a poor hypethetical example by putting down that the non-cfi will have less multi time. That's why I added my own example. And I agree the ATP would carry the most weight out of the credentials.

And I also believe it is above all, about attitude and professionalism.

Ahh ok, no need to shout!! LOL!!

I do agree that the example given was poor and attitude and professionalism do carry you the farthest.

Fly Safe!!

Man, there's something scary looking about that avatar. Like he's ready to take a piece out of your leg...

Latest resources

Back