Which King Air do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8fo

Alright gentlemen....for an air ambulance, which King Air would be your choice and why?

I think the 350 is out of the said budget, but the guys are pretty set on a King Air....so 90, 100, 200 or 300 and why?

Thanks

Well, I haven't flown anything other than a 90 and 350, but we use 90s for our EMS ops and it works really well for what we do. I don't know how 200s do on short strips (3000ft), but I'm sure they do fine too. A 200 would be really nice for longer trips, but if you're sticking to 300nm range or so then the 90 would probably do alright. It's the 2.5 hr trips that suck in the 90! :)

Yup, the 90 is the airplane unless you are flying longer distances. In that case, a 200.

Why not a 1900D? It is a streched 200 with a stand up cabin. Plus, there are lots of them parked that could be had for cheap.

I would say go for the B200 so you have the flexibility. The 90 is a great airplane, so I cannot argue. The 350 is nice, but unless you're gonna haul 8 bodies and bags all the time it's impractical. I would agree with epps on getting a 1900D. The 1900D will stop shorter than any of the aformentioned King Airs. I miss the Mighty Beech!!!

I'd say the 300. It by far the best for short strips, it's fast, and hey you'll get a type out of the deal.

If you're doing short trips and with one patient, the C90 should do handsomely.

Latest resources

Back