What's the skinny on Pinnacle?

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
Ok, so.. Everyone hears all kinds of things.. I am hearing all kinds of conflicting stuff..

A.) They are about to start hiring like crazy..

B.) Their last RJ is showing up in a few months and not hiring anymore..

Anyone at the company know?

If we could, which probably won't happen, let's keep this from becomming a "Pinnacle sucks because they're not ExpressJet/ASA/Etc" thread... :)

Gofish

Total Time
Allot of the hiring being currently done is for attrition.

TinGoose1

Total Time
11:52
They are just starting the Vasoline and sand portion of their negotiations. In about a years time the company will withdraw the Vasoline and use just the sand. Pinnacle is going to start feeling some pain here in the not so distant future......anyone that tells otherwise hasn't negotiated with NWA yet. On the positive side, if you go to Pinnacle you won't have to worry about bidding for the next 2-3 years.

baseal

Cruisin' for a bruisin'
Total Time
Another Rumor?

New rumor(s):

1. Pinnacle employees getting a referral fee for bringing in pilots once the applicant has completed training.

2. Pinnacle now paying for hotel while in training.

No concrete evidence-

Markm1811

you did what Capt ??
Total Time
102hrs
Whats the Rumour,,.

Oh yes that is true. check the SOC door, Door to the breakroom etc...

Midnight Brit.

baseal

Cruisin' for a bruisin'
Total Time
Sorry about the "old" rumor- don't work there, just an inside source. Anything on the hotel rumor?

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
baseal said:
New rumor(s):

1. Pinnacle employees getting a referral fee for bringing in pilots once the applicant has completed training.

2. Pinnacle now paying for hotel while in training.

No concrete evidence-
Both of these things are on the way. They are not in effect yet, but the details are being worked out and they should be finalized in the next couple of weeks. The referral fee will be coming back, and the hotel expenses will either be reimbersed or payed for up front by the company.

Rook

And shepherds we shall be
Total Time
?
baseal said:
Sorry about the "old" rumor- don't work there, just an inside source. Anything on the hotel rumor?
Nothing to be sorry for brotha. Those of us that are based in DTW(myself) or MSP, usually have no idea what's going on in MEM and are always the last to know. Since the company is having a hard time filling classes since upgrades are about to get slow again, it wouldn't surprise me if they finally start putting new-hires in a hotel room. It'll probably be triple occupancy at a salvation army more than likely.

bigbenno

The Dude....
Total Time
2000+
i'm currently in training right now, and Pinnacle will put you up in a hotel or if you already have a crashpad they will reimburse you for the monthly cost

BoDEAN

Cabo Wabo Express
Total Time
Tram said:
Ok, so.. Everyone hears all kinds of things.. I am hearing all kinds of conflicting stuff..

A.) They are about to start hiring like crazy..

B.) Their last RJ is showing up in a few months and not hiring anymore..

Anyone at the company know?

If we could, which probably won't happen, let's keep this from becomming a "Pinnacle sucks because they're not ExpressJet/ASA/Etc" thread... :)
Rumors from where I work (people who know people in NWA)....AVOID

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
See rumors from where my dad works (people who know people at FedEx) tell me to try and get a job there.. See, it's all very confusing.. :)

meatloaf

Total Time
So what is the skinny and why does everyone trash Pinnacle so badly? Is it really that bad a place to work????? (Input from Pinnacle Pilots gladly accepted)

Rook

And shepherds we shall be
Total Time
?
meatloaf said:
So what is the skinny and why does everyone trash Pinnacle so badly? Is it really that bad a place to work????? (Input from Pinnacle Pilots gladly accepted)
If you just do your job right and not make waves, it can be a nice place to work. It's the extensions and JM's that get under your skin.