What's the real deal at Net Jets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

I've read all the posts about how the contract talks are going. I know about the low pay. But do you guys at Net Jets enjoy what you do?

Do you like the type of flying? Do you wish you went a different route? What do you like most about the job? What do you wish would change?

Just looking for some input, so I can make a better informed choice soon.

Thanks!!

I truely enjoy what i do here.....

the rest has been hashed and hashed.

Scaramunga, I would respectfully suggest you do a Netjets post search on this very forum, variations of your question have been asked (and answered), many times.
In a nutshell: Good equipment, good training, good schedule if you're senior enough to hold the 7 on, 7 off schedule, good medical insurance .
The downside: very poor pay, long days, 4-5 years in the right seat.
Did I mention very poor pay for a VERY long time, AND the real possibility of a nuclear-style union / management battle in the near future? Enter at your own risk.....

Sweptwingz was right on. To add; the biggest difference between us and airline flying, is variety. Might be in Alaska one night, Dominican Republic the next. No two tours the same. Much more challenging too. Therefore, much more money is necessary. It will happen. The company is doing very well, and it's time to pay the front line.

I heard they increased the monthly and hourly rates on owners by 7.5 % for 2005 in order to offset the increased pilot salaries. Is this not the case?

Along with what the others have said about variety, equipment, etc., I can add that my husband enjoys the greater px involvement aspect of fractional flying, as opposed to airline flying--which he did briefly before 9-11. That may not be for everyone, but as it "goes with the turf" it may be something that you want to consider. The same can be said of being paired with 1 PIC (usually) for most, if not all, of your tour. My husband has made some good friends at NetJets.

Good luck, Scaramunga! Asking for input is a good idea.
Netjetwife

PS Miles, I haven't heard that but I will ask.

Latest resources

Back