What type of trips in Citaition X?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

What''s life like in the X at Net Jets? How many legs a day? How long are the legs on average? How many lines does the X have to bid on?

Thanks!

From what I understand, you can expect long days, 12 hours or so with the occasional 14 hours of duty. Rest is usually longer than 10, not more than 14. Also plan on a day or 2 on standby with a broken plane each trip. 90 7/7 lines.

From what I've heard talking to X guys on the road this is the usual:

NY ==> CA
CA ==> NY
NY ==> CA
CA ==> NY

Repeat ad naseum.

Live4 gave you a good summary

The worst part is, lately, they will drop a new tail number in on you over night when you are broke, and the phone starts ringing. Alot of double crewing, ie one day shift, one night shift.

The days you are in the air and dont break, I would say 3-4 leg average.

Been in the X 5 yrs at NJ...done 6 legs 3 times, 5 legs about 12-20, the rest 4 and less....no way people are AVERAGING 4 legs a day...for me on days I actually fly probably 2.5-3. Haven't done 4 legs in the past few weeks and we have been busy.

This past week...pretty solid....day 1 MDW-TEB-SDL, day 2 SDL-HOU-RIL-APA, day 3 sby, day 4 APA-BDL-PHX, day 5 PHX-ERI-JAX, day 6 airline home.....this weeks average 1.5 legs per day. Tons of changes in there, so it always seems worse than it looks....

I've been in the X about 7 years now. And for the first time ever, I agree with every post on this thread!:)

For me, seems to average out to about 3 legs per day over the years. The X really shows its stuff on the longer legs, so those coast-to-coast trips are pretty common. They break a fair amount too, although recently I've been working complete tours without stopping. I find the destinations are interesting, but not usually having any time to explore them once I'm there. I don't work too many days that are shorter than 11 hours, but not too many go beyond 13 either. The X is definetly one of our harder working fleets at NJA. Great group of guys (and gals) to fly with in the X! In my experience anyway, the X program managers have been good to deal with too (most of the time). ALthough I didn't do it the first 5 years I was on the X, starting to see Hawaii and Europe now. It's a fun plane to fly, although it does handle like a bigger plane.

Overall, we have fleets that don't work as hard, but I'd take the X any day!

Okay, my impression that the X guys had easier days is wrong. Which a/c has the better schedule/lifestyle...if that's possible?

Scaramunga said:
Okay, my impression that the X guys had easier days is wrong. Which a/c has the better schedule/lifestyle...if that's possible?

BBJ???

Last edited:
bizjet737 said:
definitely! but we're all senior, too - so having 4 weeks vac helps! all 7/7 (no 17-day). great trips around the world, mostly good mgt (bad ones are on the way out as we speak).

Did I read a rumor that more BBJs might be added in the future? Is there enough demand (Marquis Card?) for more BBJs?

Latest resources

Back