What have you flown?

clr4theapch

Total Time
tons
Awesome flying.. I never could the the Knife edge right.. too scary as I am not a big rudder guy.. to afraid to wreck my investments.. Good job

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
Total Time
more
I just finished building my first combat wings slope soarer. It rocks. I didn't do a very good build but the lightest of winds keep it flying.

I thought the Kit was not that great of a deal and the instructions were horrible but they make a really good airfoil for slope flying and with the heavy winds I get from the Bay Area fog the Mini XR stays aloft for ages no problem.

http://www.combatwings.com/catalog/photo_electric.php

acpilot

I am...PROFESSOR FATE!
Total Time
+/-MMM
I just finished building my first combat wings slope soarer. It rocks. I didn't do a very good build but the lightest of winds keep it flying.

I thought the Kit was not that great of a deal and the instructions were horrible but they make a really good airfoil for slope flying and with the heavy winds I get from the Bay Area fog the Mini XR stays aloft for ages no problem.

http://www.combatwings.com/catalog/photo_electric.php

I had a Zagi for a while. It was the most fun I have had flying RC (gas, electric, or glider). It flew great and put up with a ton of abuse! The spar finally gave out during a fight, though.

I need another one!

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
Total Time
more
I had a Zagi for a while. It was the most fun I have had flying RC (gas, electric, or glider). It flew great and put up with a ton of abuse! The spar finally gave out during a fight, though.

I need another one!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UTh-PdAznJ9KtuW9oVFNmSWZ4XQ1rMRlcn67fuQidpw?feat=directlink

Check out this small movie of my friend Bob flying his combat wing around out our "secret" spot in the North SF bay. In the background to the left is Sausalito and SF and to the right Mill Valley and Mt. Tam.

A very nice place to slope for sure. The fog keeps this place going all summer. It gets cold just standing there for about 15 minutes. We wear gloves and a jacket in the summertime!

goodgig

Total Time
Plenty
Nice job, love that sound!

How concerned are you about the NPRM from the FAA about possibly excluding/regulating turbine models?

IIRC, the boomerang has had some inflight breakups. Issue fixed or overblown?

mvedepo

Total Time
>1
Thanks!

No I'm not too worried about the FAA regs. It appears that as long as you are an AMA member and follow the current AMA safety guidelines you should be ok.

As for the break ups there were 2 issues. 1. People were improperly gluing the fuse to the center wing section. 2. People were cracking the booms by picking it up by the back of the booms.

Other than that of all the jets I have flown this is by FAR the best flying one. I would love to see them come out with an all composite version.