• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways "Substandard Airline"-Doug Parker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chug I have serious doubts about the company lasting that long . Sure glad you guys were able to keep your airline from sinking into the USAir abyss.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR:
I realize that you and I don't agree....That being said, I know WD and I like to razz each other about current events and all. If that is truly how you feel, that's pretty scary. I could have said the same thing about DL 3 years ago, but look at us now. I think its definately time for change at the top at the "newco." Its quite obvious that daquari doug is waaaay over his head. Time fo you folks to start with the BOD, that is where things get changed, otherwise, Parker may only be reorganizing deck furniture on the Titanic!

Regards,

It's amazing how messed up things get when the flight crews just "do their own jobs." This company has long been used to pilots calling for catering, that is supposed to be done, cleaners, that are supposed to meet the airplane, agents to drive the jetway, the list goes on and on.

When pilots just arrive and sit and wait for the ground crews to do their jobs, totally new concept here, praticularly in PHL, then the whole operation just slows to a crawl.

One PHL ramper to another, "Yo, Louie, what we supposed to do wit dat big a$$ed airplane out dere waitin for dis gate??" "I dunno, day didn call or nuttin.... forgettaboutit." "Yo yo wanna a Starbucks, I heading up dere rite now, Ya sure one cream two suggars, thanks. I am otta here, be back in 10." "I wonder what dat freakin pilut is doin just sittin dere?" "I dunno, aint my job."

Maybe if things went a little better at the table, the pilots would go back to helping do everyone else's job along with our own to get this airline back on track.

MONEY TALKS - BULLSHEET WALKS !!! PAY UP SUCKA !!!

Why should we have to go back and help do everyone eles's job. They should be doing it on their own,regardless of what we're paid. Maybe if they paid more than $7.65 /hr to start,they would have more motivated people interested in filling these support positions,thus taking the burden off of us to cover their backs.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Did you see...?

Did you guys see the veiled threat from LT Dan? Make sure you are wearing your flack jacket out on the line. It is interesting to see this place fall apart and yet DP claims to have some magical plan ready to be put in place to save the airline from future disgrace. I say BS! DP and Scooter have no freak'n clue what they are doing! I totally agree with PHX, this place has run on the cheap for years and now its going to take some real money up front to get this place back on track. Problem is DP and his lackeys only speak cheap. Sad.

Andy

This whole thing was put together using a set of assumptions....you know what they say about "assume". It is as easy to motivate your workforce as it is to de-motivate it...this is a lesson they are learning the hard way.

May 9th is going to be very important. They can spout all the BS they want, but the era of pilots investing in this airline to save the ship is over. The ship will turn on their leadership or will slowly and painfully take on water with uncertain consequences.

It's amazing how messed up things get when the flight crews just "do their own jobs." This company has long been used to pilots calling for catering, that is supposed to be done, cleaners, that are supposed to meet the airplane, agents to drive the jetway, the list goes on and on.

When pilots just arrive and sit and wait for the ground crews to do their jobs, totally new concept here, praticularly in PHL, then the whole operation just slows to a crawl.

One PHL ramper to another, "Yo, Louie, what we supposed to do wit dat big a$$ed airplane out dere waitin for dis gate??" "I dunno, day didn call or nuttin.... forgettaboutit." "Yo yo wanna a Starbucks, I heading up dere rite now, Ya sure one cream two suggars, thanks. I am otta here, be back in 10." "I wonder what dat freakin pilut is doin just sittin dere?" "I dunno, aint my job."

That was summing up airways operations to a tee in PHL!

Well done M. G......

"Did you guys see the veiled threat from LT Dan?"

Xander,

Was there a memo or something?

Yeah there was. It was in the read file I believe. About the new focus to get things back on track. What's the new slogan? "Fleet launch?" How about Fleet enema! Anyhow in the read Lurch (LT DAN) stated that there were to be folks (who I don't know) whatching flights to "find out what the delays are" and that we could expect a phone call to "explain" the situation.

More fun for us at the office I guess.

Andy

P.S. I suppose this should mean we really show how pissed we are. Especially in light of these scare tactics...

You mean AWA isn't the greatest place to work? Your'e kidding, right?

Upgrades, hiring, growth? We saved USAirways.

Please don't get me started.

A350

Latest resources

Back