US Marshals Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought "Justice" flew DC-9s?

The Marshal Service/INS operate B-737s, MD-80s, Hawker 800s and the SAAB in Puerto Rico.

Any idea on what is competitive?

Title is what it says. I'm a retired disabled vet who can still hold a Class I. I just don't know what type of flight time other applicants are bringing to the table?

I have been in contact recently with their Chief Pilot regarding their purchase of a Saab 2000. They are taking delivery in April and will train 3-4 of their own pilots initially. Then probably next year they will decide if they will purchase another one. Yes, it will be based in Puerto Rico and support the carribean flights.

Like most gov't agencies, you'll probaby ride "shotgun" for about a year...Then they'll type you. Unless they are in a hurry then off you go to school. If you've never been a civilian in the gov't employ, it takes about a year to figure most of it out. Even then, the labrynthian monolith that is civil service, is mind-blowing at best, mind-numbing at least.

Good bennies tho...great retirement...can't beat the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). With only five years in (and now out), I can look for the gov't to hand me about 400K when I'm 55....not bad for five years worth of work!

Eric

Latest resources

Back