UPS Sim

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyeflyin

Wondering if anyone has any info regarding the sim during interviews. Do they usually give a specific sim or will they interview with whatever is available? Got an interview next month and was considering getting some sim time. In addition, when they called me for the interview they had dates open as early as in next week, however I chose the middle of Dec., due to work schedule. I have been able to get some time off before that and I am thinking of calling them back and asking if they have an earlier day available. Would this be a bad idea? I would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

No way to know what sim or FBS they will use. I have heard that they have used the DC8, 727, A300, MD11, and 767 FBS in the past year or so. They use whatever is available. The way to prepare is hand-fly your current airplane, make sure your scan is up to speed, and be ready to fly a DP, steep turns, some other airwork exercises (climbs and descents at specific speeds and/or rates), and then an ILS.

As for the date, unless you feels absolutely prepared, keep what you have. Do research on UPS, be familiar with all the different parts of the biz, read the bios on the board members, etc. If you can tie in little tidbits like this into your answers, it shows that you've done your research.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back