UPS call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Russ

During the UPS interview I was told at the beginning that I would be eligible to reapply after six months should I not be selected. I unfortunately received the letter of regret after a two week wait. After some research I came to the conclusion that while they have the policy in place, few if any do get call backs. Made my peace with it, but have heard of recent (from a few UPS pilots) that they do on occasion invite you for a second go at it.
Anyone have any personal experience either way?

Bummer Russ. I recieved the dreaded letter in January. I spoke w/ UPS HR at a career fair and they had said go ahead and reapply. Try to enhance your quals and they would check your file to see why you did not make the cut. Not everyone gets a second chance however. Good luck.
My six months is now up and will apply at the next open window.

You'll never get the job that you don't apply for.
I'd reapply as many times as it takes.

You'll never get the job that you don't apply for.
I'd reapply as many times as it takes.

Good point. I've heard of guys going on their 4th and 5th interview's at SWA before they got in. Keep at it. It'll be worth it, I'm sure.

Bummer Russ. I recieved the dreaded letter in January. I spoke w/ UPS HR at a career fair and they had said go ahead and reapply. Try to enhance your quals and they would check your file to see why you did not make the cut. Not everyone gets a second chance however. Good luck.
My six months is now up and will apply at the next open window.
Looks like the window won't open for another six months.

Deleted

Last edited:
I unfortunately received the letter of regret after a two week wait...After some research I came to the conclusion that while they have the policy in place, few if any do get call backs. Made my peace with it, but have heard of recent (from a few UPS pilots) that they do on occasion invite you for a second go at it.
Anyone have any personal experience either way?

Russ, I hope you will reapply and I hope it will work out for you. Unfortunately what you’ve heard seems to be true. One of my friends interviewed a few months ago and got shot down for the second time. He had several recommendations and all of us are totally clueless as to why? (then again, I guess you never know why you get rejected at any airline)

He’s current in the MD11 and flies all over the world; his previous interview was about 2 years prior so it took him a long time to get the call. I’m not telling you this to discourage you from reapplying but to tell you what happened to him. I hope you’ll be able to get hired on the second run. The only thing we can think of that hurt him is a busted check ride many years prior but I doubt that was the reason. He also took sim. and interview preps both times. :(

2nd interviews...

At UPS, from what I understand, they happen less often in comparison w/ "other airlines." Most certainly in comparison w/ SWA, etc.

That said, it DOES happen. In one of the most recent new hire classes there was a 'current/qualified' -11 guy who'd interviewed and been given the bad news several years ago. He's now sitting in training...no rhyme/reason given. FWIW...

Take care...

"Russ, I hope you will reapply and I hope it will work out for you"

Me too. Looks like my app is still active from what I can tell. From what was told to me and inferred at the interview your bud is exactly what UPS is looking for. A friend at an all 747 operation interviewed and was hired. His experience got him the job. He said he was pretty sure he bombed the sim and interview, a bit shy and doesn't come across well at first sight.

I haven't cracked the code at UPS, guess I could say the same for SWA as well.

Latest resources

Back