Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Just for grins, I compared the 2005 and 2006 seniority lists. I wanted to know how many pilots that got hired between June '96 and Jan '00 have left.
Answer: 54. Only 2 of those were due to age 60.
I picked June '96 only because I have a friend that was hired then, and he quit this past November.

Interesting! Fifty-four is higher that I would have guessed, but then again, I'm always wrong (right honey?). It will be interesting to compare the 06 list with the 07 list in July to see how many from Jan 00 through the end of the list have resigned. I suppose we'll have somewhat of a picture of that once the company starts recalling from the bottom of the list...someone will probably start posting the numbers of those who have resigned on the second pass.

Interesting! Fifty-four is higher that I would have guessed, but then again, I'm always wrong (right honey?). It will be interesting to compare the 06 list with the 07 list in July to see how many from Jan 00 through the end of the list have resigned. I suppose we'll have somewhat of a picture of that once the company starts recalling from the bottom of the list...someone will probably start posting the numbers of those who have resigned on the second pass.

Keep in mind that it's not just resignations; there are probably a couple of deaths that decreases the number. I'll rule out medical, since you can be on the sick list for up to 6 years.
The 06 to 07 list may not be the best one to compare; you may want to wait until the 06 vs 08 lists because I don't think that we'll be back through the list on the second pass before the 07 seniority list comes out.
I'm June 00 hire and five people below me are no longer on the list (05 to 06); none due to age 60.

I'm June 00 hire and five people below me are no longer on the list (05 to 06); none due to age 60.

I wonder why they would drop off the list if it's really not required to leave the list (so to speak) until recalls occur in reverse order? Even with a sweet deal like being at FedEx or UPS, I'd still hold on...just in case.

I wonder why they would drop off the list if it's really not required to leave the list (so to speak) until recalls occur in reverse order? Even with a sweet deal like being at FedEx or UPS, I'd still hold on...just in case.

I thought the same thing. None of us had been recalled before the latest seniority list was published.
I rechecked and it was 3, not 5 who are no longer on the list.

Forced

Because if you are hired by FedEx, you are required to resign you seniority # at another airline.

I believe they resigned to go to another carrier. I knew a few guys that gave UAL their official resignation to go to LUV. Although I'd heard that Mgmt was offering verbal agreements to rip up letters of resignation for anyone that decided to come back to UAL after resigning, there were several very disgruntled pilots that had no intention of ever coming back.

Because if you are hired by FedEx, you are required to resign you seniority # at another airline.

I know one guy on bypass that's been at FedEx for quite a while. He's still on the seniority list, but I'd expect him to resign when it's do or die time.

:rolleyes: That's kind of "old school" thinking there ExAF. We all resigned, BUT.....
UAL is not required to accept it. (and guess what, they're not).

I doubt it's much of a threat for Fedex - I can't imagine anyone would bail on them to go back to UAL.

I know

:rolleyes: That's kind of "old school" thinking there ExAF. We all resigned, BUT.....
UAL is not required to accept it. (and guess what, they're not).

I doubt it's much of a threat for Fedex - I can't imagine anyone would bail on them to go back to UAL.
I know what you mean, but a certain employer that I'm familiar with doesn't "top drawer" the resignation letters. You really do resign. And you know what...I'm OK with that!;)

Latest resources

Back