Type rating SOE limtation removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greygoose

I talked with the local FSDO and they were unable to answer this question.

I was origianally typed in a airplane that required a SOE limitation, I know the easy way is to have someone sign off saying you were properly flying the airplane for 25 hours to have the limitation removed. Since I am not able to fly PIC with the company I am with, I am trying to find out other ways it can be removed.
Such as, when I go back for recurrent can I submit for a new certificate with FSI now that I have the time requirements in my log book that I dont need a SOE limitation?
Or if I were to upgrade in a different airplane that needed a different type, since I dont need the SOE limitation for this new type will it be removed on the original typed aircraft?

As a type rated pilot in your company, can you fly from the left seat? On empty legs even? The reason I ask is that you need not be the PIC of record to meet the SOE requirements. All you must do is perform the duties of a PIC from the control station normally occupied by the PIC. Any current and qualified PIC may occupy the other seat.

I am sorry I don't know of any other way to satisfy the requirement. You are correct that a second type rating does not require SOE. That only applies to a first type. I don't know if the second type will remove the SOE requirement from your first type though. I suggest contacting the TCE/DPE you took your original type ride with. If he doesn't have an answer, perhaps he can refer you to someone who does. Wish I knew more. Good luck!

Best,

Latest resources

Back