Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotsh

Registered lUser
Just wondering if anyone knows the official designation of the Twin Comanche. Every other Piper I've flown has a hp designation, but in the POH for the Twinkie it just says PA-30. So what is the official designation? I wanna put the right one into my logbook.

Just wondering if anyone knows the official designation of the Twin Comanche. Every other Piper I've flown has a hp designation, but in the POH for the Twinkie it just says PA-30. So what is the official designation? I wanna put the right one into my logbook.

I never thougth about it, but looks like PA-30 is the official model designation on the TCDS.

I usually just write pa-30, I'll check my poh when i get home, never really thought about. What model are u flying pa-30, b,c?

I'm flying the first model, the one with 4 seats. It's a great bird!

i once owned one just like that myself.. and you are correct on both counts. i logged it as a pa30 and it is a sweet plane.

remember that after 1970 they became PA39s when they have installed counter rotating props. Also , there are some PA30s that came with counter rotating props as well, during the transition period.

Didn't they make some tail changes in the 39? Mine had six seats and a CR conversion, OMG! I think piper put -39 on the airworthyness cert but in those days they did things like that

Just got my bird flying a year ago. It only has about 1300tt. Most fuel efficent airplane i have ever flown. Can go from Kobe to kopn on 44 gal which is about a 3 hr trip.

Latest resources

Back