• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Three Eight Charlie Book 4s

38charliefan

Total Time
++++
I have 1 precious, valuable copy of the book "Three Eight Charlie" written by Jerrie Mock, the first woman to fly solo around the world, March 17th, 1964, from Columbus, Ohio, piloting her plane "The Spirit of Columbus". Jerrie completed the flight that Amelia Earhart never did. There is a screen play writer out in Oregon who has the official rights from Jerri, & is writing the script of the official big screen movie, on her amazing flight, and her book. His name is Dan Pimental, if anyone is interested in looking this up, and his site is named after none other than Jerrie's book, "Three Eight Charlie".

Now, sorry I got off of the topic of the sale of my copy of the book. There are no known copies of the book available at this time, and I personally know what the book is worth, and will consider any, & all offers. Please, only serious inquiries, as this is a true collectible item, the book is a rare & out of print book, 35 years old, it in itself is in excellent condition for it's age, though the dust jacket has some age and wear, but the photo of Jerrie on it, is very clear and clean. Again, I will only take very serious inquiries & offers, as this book is a precious copy & Jerrie has a special place in my heart, as I do know her personally. The copyright of the book is 1970, publisher Lippincott, & it is a first edition.

I would Write more about Jerrie, as a lot of folks don't even know who she is, but that could take forever, so if you are truly interested in her, just do a google search on her, she is one of the forgotten pioneers of aviation.

Eugene Murdock

Total Time
none
I am very interested in obtaining a copy of Three-eight Charlie, and offer $250.00 for it.

After I read it, I will donate it to the Iowa Aviation Museum where I am a volunteer worker in charge of the library.

It will be placed on a special shelf dedicated to women in aviation, and will stand beside books on the flights of Amelia Earhart and Anne Pellegrino.

Gene Murdock

Av8rdan

Total Time
In fo on the screenplay

For more info, please visit my website or blog.

Dan Pimentel, Screenwriter
“Three-Eight Charlie”
The Authorized True Life Story of Jerrie Mock

Last edited: