Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
R

RJDC

That is the only way the airline get first officers is through that program. Technically i am not paying for my job because the hours i pay for i am not even an employee of the airline. I have no benifits or nothin right now. Once the 250hrs is over with then i become an employee. So really i didnt pay for the job. I only paid for the training in that a/c. After the 250 i still have to go through an interview to see if the company even likes me. Plus i get to the majors MUCH faster then anyone else with my time. While u are sitting around instructing to get 1000 and 1 before any regional airline will look at u. Then when u get that regional job ur upgrade is gonna be a minimum of 3yrs. Me on the other hand upgrade right at 1500TT and start building turbine PIC while u are sitting on ur ass at a regional getting SIC. I get PIC time for another 2 years then get to go right into the majors. Now i am sitting at a mojor and u will still be sitting at the regional not even upgraded yet. Also i am gaining turbine multi and 121 experience before u even think about airlines. Oh yah then i will have my seniority number at a major before u will. Now u get into the majors and they layoff people. Well now u are laidoff and i am still with the company because i got there quicker. Its all ******** about people saying that airlines dont like our guys because we get hired by regionals and majors every month. Say i dont get hired after my 250 well regionals take us after that. Pinnacle has taken 70 of our F/O's with just 500TT this year alone. Express Jet has hired our F/O's this year already. American Eagle has Hired F/O's. Captains have gone too Continental, AirTran and Southwest this year already. To kinda answer ur last question. Gulfstream is not a career airline. The airlines purpose is for people to time build and get enough hours for the majors then get the **** out so the next guy can go through. The only way the airline gets F/O's is through the program. They fly their time upgrade to captain get a couple thousand PIC then go right into a major. If u do all ur training 141 like comair academy its pretty much the exact same thing. Once u have paid ur 50K or wut ever to go through the program and instruct for them well U get a job at a regional. If u say my program has no instruction involved well that is technically wrong too because when we are captains most of our F/O's have very little time and we have to instruct them as well and make sure they fly the airplane in the safest possible manner. That is my 2 cents so take it or leave it. If u call that selling myself short. I still work my ass off everyday so i can get into an airline. How is flying average of 90hrs a month not hard work huh? How is building my TT up just like everyone else for the same exact goal not hard work huh? I am just going a different and quicker route.

moderator reviewed

Last edited by a moderator:
RJDC is TheGuppyKiller, Rhoid, The Guat, IHaveAPension, Freight Nazi, TheMissing Link and any number of other previously banned flamebaiters.

It would be great if you could get a college education as well. That way, your grammar and spelling skills will not give you away as a Florida public school graduate.

If that is all of the experience that one has to have to fly for said airline, then I will not ride in the back or place my family on board. Terrified, petrified, and mortified of this carrier.

I had to ride in the back on that airline once....I was terrified when an A&P pointed out the broken safety wires on the cowl fasteners in flight. The F/O actually had the nerve to try and hit us up for a job.

Latest resources

Back