Thanks for all the help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I appreciate all the help that I got for taking the AFOQT. My scores are excellent (except for quantitative), and it wouldn't have been possible without the help from this board. I don't mean to brag, but I'm **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** proud of my scores. Not bad for a guy who got a 2.2 in college.

Below is an excerpt from a private message I was going to send to UPT hopeful:

If you really want my scores then here you go:

Pilot 96
Nav 87
Academic Aptitude 80
Verbal 93
Quantitative 54

Like I said, the ARCO book should give you all the pertinent information. The MOST important thing is to be able to complete the sections where you do not have enough time, i.e. electrical mazes, scale reading, etc. If you search the board, you will find all the information I have used. I studied half-assed for about a week and then I took the practice test about 4 times. It is sort of like the SAT, either you know the concepts or you don't.

Again, for Sonic, Vandal, and the others thanks for the valuable information. Hopefully I will be able to meet you guys sometime, and if I do, I will buy you a beer.

BAT Next!!

Congrats man! You should be able to pull off a bad-ass bat score with that pilot score. Just get those 201 hours of flighttime if you don't have em already.

Hey Chawbein,

Great scores, congrats! Out of curiosity, why do you want to fly the BUFF so badly? Could it be that:

a- You want to live in Louisiana?
b-There may be less competition for a slot?
c-There will be less required out of pilot training than someone going for a fighter slot?

Have you made contact with the unit yet? The only reason I can think of is you want to live in Louisiana, which is an excellent reason. If location is not the answer then I’ll address the other thoughts I wrote about.

There may actually be more competition, competition from within the unit. Each B-52 crew has two navigators and these are the guys the unit will send to pilot training (assuming they are medically qualified or they haven’t already been). The unit may try to hire you as a navigator, with the promise of a pilot slot down the road.

As far as pilot training, last I knew all bomber crews go to the T-38 (That may have changed and B-52 guys go to the T-1). Not that the T-38 is anything special, but if you’re going to have to fly White Rocket why not try for a fighter slot as well. I guess what I’m saying is don’t sell yourself short.

Don’t get me wrong, the BUFF is an incredible airplane, just a little old.

What is that old quote, "Fighters win battles, Bombers win wars"? I think that the BUFF is one of the best airplanes ever concieved and it would be an honor to fly it. Oh yeah, I also think the idea of flying overhead at 300ft with all eight engines firewalled will literally make anyone sh!t their pants. Even if I don't get to fly it, I still admire the plane - hence my avatar and caption. I live in east Texas and Louisiana isn't too far away, so you are partially correct. I will be applying to my local National Guard (which happens to fly fighters) so I will take my shot at flying the Viper.

P.S. Bottom Line: I will fly anything I can get my hands on and LOVE every minute of it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back