SWA October Decision Board?

ByeUSAir

Total Time
Oct DB?

I heard the 18 or 19th of Oct. If anyone in the know can confirm the date it would be appreciated.Good Luck to all.

Waborita

Total Time
I heard the 12th or 13th? Good luck to everyone!:beer:

F16TJ

Elated Member
Total Time
Enough
Whenever it is, it isn't soon enough. This is the most nerve-racking process I think I've ever been through. Driving me, the wife, the kiddies, and the dog crazy. I'm smoking my fingernails and chewing my cigarettes!:laugh:

Definitely dittos on the "Good Luck" to everyone.

rtmcc74

The King Lives!
Total Time
3000+
Hey all you big brains out there....

Interviewed last month, waiting for the ever-elusive "DB" to tell me my fate. Quick question: should I avoid the dreaded "Sorry, but...." letter and get a call, do they call overseas? Reason I ask is because I'm deploying tomorrow morning for 3+ months in paradise. Told the wife that IF the phone rings, give them the number to the squadron, and they'd know how to reach me. Does that pass the sound judgement test?

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease.....

Hooch

Total Time
Oct DB

FWIW...Had a chat with a CP yesterday...He stated that it would be Thursday the 13th.

Good luck everyone! I remember all too well living the cycle of... FlightInfo - Pepto -- Beer -- mailbox --phone--FlightInfo - Pepto -- Beer -- mailbox --phone. All I can say is its worth the wait.

Smooth Air, Blue Skies, & Tailwinds
Hooch

JetDude

Just Happy To Be Here!
Total Time
125+
rtmcc74 said:
Hey all you big brains out there....

do they call overseas?
While I can't say for sure, I surmise that if they will call overseas to check references (and they do), they will probably call you overseas as well. No promises though. They will probably call your primary contact number first (home or whatever you gave them on your application), so I suggest you leave a good forwarding number for them with whomever answers your primary number.

I realize the previous sentences ran on a bit, but I hope you were able to get the point I was trying to make.

1IDBLKJEW

Total Time
6000+
good luck to all future poolies

Hey BABES,

Just thinkin back to when I was in the same boat. Maaaaaaaan, I know how tough it is. But when you get the call you will realize how well worth the wait it was.

Just remember that things seem to be different every DB. So if the phone doesnt ring the same day its not the end of the world.

Wishing the best to everyone in the OCT decision board.

P.S. I feel sorry for all the mailmen that are going to be getting strange threatening glares this week.

sf260pilot

Total Time
It is on Thursday. If you are successful then the process starts all over again waiting on a call for a class. That call takes longer than a month. Good Luck!!

Last edited: