• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Starting an LAS employee Rental...

rvsm410

Total Time
I wanted to put the word out that I am looking into the possibility of starting my own Vegas Crashpad/ roommate rental...designed for airline employees only....

If I can get enough interest and "commitment" then I will go forward in locating a house I can rent which will be central to both KLAS and KVGT....

I would plan on 2 to a room for crashpad situations, and 1 to a room for local employees like myself...furnishing will probably be limited or bring our own at first..But it will include all utilities and WIFI HS internet....

email me direct at rvsm410@yahoo.com or join. go to http://www.crashpads.com/

for the LAS "starting a pad" section... I will only be considering this for the next 2 weeks (9/1 to 9/15) as it will take time to find the right place before I start work there myself... Currently there are no Airline crashpads available in the Area...

Contact me ASAP

rvsm410

Total Time
Update: I am getting many opportunities to rent "Furnished" homes near VGT and LAS, hopefully I will get more interest from Flight crews and other aviation people interested in rooming there...Looking to spread the word to the local crews at VGT and LAS 135 operations that would be iterested..

Please email me ASAP if interested for an October timeframe...

rvsm410@yahoo.com

rvsm410

Total Time
The Crash Pads Pad web site only lists 2 places for the entire LAS valley, there were 6 as of last week. All of those are full. So I am surprised that I have had little interest in forming a new crashpad/ roommate location.....

I realize that there are not many crews based there, however there a alot of Pilots, F/A's for Senic and Allegiant as well as many Frax crews in town....I'll try for another week or so...email me to get on a list....

rvsm410@yahoo.com

rvsm410

Total Time
Looking for one more person to go forward with a rental home....email or pm ASAP.....

rvsm410

Total Time
Cancel the house plan....

Deleted, cost to much to rent in vegas.....

Last edited:

flyjumpseat

desk driver
Total Time
10+
rvsm410 said:
Deleted, cost to much to rent in vegas.....
Depends on what you are looking for and what part of town. Similarly, you can say it costs too much to rent in any town. What's your info based on? i.e. size, location, etc.? If you're trying to split the mileage difference between LAS and VGT, yeah, you might be into a higher price-point.

chperplt

Total Time
I saw an ad the other day for a 2300 sq ft 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home on the SW side of town for $1200 a month... You can find some good deals if you look hard.

rvsm410

Total Time
Yea I talked to 2 investors that had large homes to rent, brand new, $1300..but they are empty!..so I called some of the rent a centers, and furniture places...it would cost an additional $500 for this plus utilities and internet, say this costs $300...well you see where I am going with this....$2100 by say 6 people thats $350 each for overhead...MOst of the crash pads I have found are offering places 2 to a room for around $200 on avg...

Me personally I want my own room since I am full time there, so that leave 3 other bedrooms that might not get filled, or 3 other full timers which makes the rent per person $525....not bad but most of these guys and gals dont have that kind of money...thus I gave up on the idea...

rvsm410

Total Time
Still looking for Furished place..October 7/8

SO I am back to square one, I have advertised on Craig's list, and a member of airline crashpads...one 2 exist in vegas and all are full...so I could use the help of the community in LAS leads for a furnished bedroom.....Around $400 seems to be average...I would rather I live with other airline folk...saves a lot of BS that I see living this aviation outsiders..so to speak...

email me anytime: Much appreciated.. rvsm410@yahoo.com