Skywest sen resignation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

davis

question for furloughed major pilots who have gone to Skywest: Have any of you had to resign after
going to Skywest?
second: how long has the upgrade been?

According to the recent United agreement, Skywest must take some of the furloughed United pilots and put them in their new 70 seaters. Also, some furloughed COEX pilots might be flying for Skywest. Both of those instances will not require senority resignation according to my Skywest friend. I bet that will be the same for other airlines as well.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

General Lee said:
According to the recent United agreement, Skywest must take some of the furloughed United pilots and put them in their new 70 seaters. Also, some furloughed COEX pilots might be flying for Skywest. Both of those instances will not require senority resignation according to my Skywest friend. I bet that will be the same for other airlines as well.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Hey General, now that Skywest has the CR7, will they be dropped by DCI per your PWA?

Actually Sleepy, I think if the airplane is bigger than a 70 seater then DALPA's contract comes into effect. However, the one issue that is unsettled - and I asked FDJ's and he was unsure of as well - does the PWA apply to just the airline or the entire holding company? For example, if ACAI corporation was to get bigger aircraft and operate them under the ACJet certificate, would it trigger our termination according to the Delta pilots' PWA? That might be why we spent $1M to buy it back from Delta - and I don't think we would risk losing the Delta contract. If anybody here has definitive answers, please chime in.

ScumWest is NON-UNION!

ScumWest is the latest NON-UNION scumbag outfit low bidding UAL to steal flying from other carriers.

Do you really want to be part of that?

ScumWest pilots have an association that is a joke. They just agreed to 18 month pay freeze and to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat pay just so they could be the low bidder on the flying.

How low will pilots go?

Apparently we're gonna find out!

Volunteer Airlines is hiring they pay $1 per year but you'll be Capt. in a week in a Jet. Yee F UC K ing Ha!

Davis,

Since no one has actually answered your question here, I'll take a stab. I believe that yes, seniority is required to be resigned as of today. Things change however, and that water is getting muddier every day.

As far as upgrade. It greatly depends on several things. Next month, the junior in the company, a UAL furloughee at that, will be going to emb upgrade. so i guess that's pretty quick. as far as jet upgrade, that depends on the time of year, and base that you want. if you are willing to go to class during xmas, and take any base, my guess is 2-2.5 years. if you want PSP only...16-17 years!!!

I probably shouldn't reply to rtseatrich's articulate statement, except that we already fly about 100 aircraft for united.

Mookie:cool:

Didn't Skywest reject J4J's?

These agreements with UA and COX sound like J4J through-and-through, if not worse for UA when you have to give up the seniority.

Why reject J4J then? Is my info wrong?

Curious, nothing more.
-Boo!

stillaboo said:

Why reject J4J then? Is my info wrong?

Yes your info is wrong.
J4J is unacceptable. Our agreement with COex is not even close to the proposed J4J deal that we voted down. All COex pilots will go to the bottom of the seniority list like any other new hire. The only advantage they have is preferential hiring and they get to keep their number at COex. The way J4J has been implemented at other carriers the seniority system has been severly compromised.

There is no J4J for furloughed UA pilots either. The only requirement we have to fulfill is "offer employment opportunities on a basis to be negotiated." We have already hired many furloughed UAL pilots. Why should we corrupt our seniority system if the flying has already been awarded to us? I don't forecast anything being offered to UAL furloughess other than the same kind of terms granted to COex guys.

Just .02 from a line pilot.

ScumWest PIlot

RTSEATRICH,

Nice post. So.... How do you really feel? I noticed an ERJ type rating in there. But I guess your company paid the wonderfully high reates that all of the union carriers now pay. By the way we just got under bid my MESA. (Union, I believe). So if you want to get the name calling going, lets go.

OR.... maybe you could step back and think about the possibility that ALL of us (pilots) are working hard for less than we feel we deserve. Also the decision to unionize is tremendously complex, with numerous pros and cons (I am NOT anti-union, by the way).

Finally just what do you THINK you know about our TA and our options when it was presented to us?!?

Your post was just plain igrorant.

p.s. I know that I spell like crap. That is why I'm a pilot!:D
so find something else to talk about.

Fly Safe!

Latest resources

Back