Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Mech. Apt test now 20 questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
I saw on a post on aviationinterviews.com that someone who interviewed with Skywest a few days ago posted the Mechanical Aptitude test at the interview is now 20 questions. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'd also be interested in hearing how people have studied for this test in the past. I have the ASVAB book, but wantd to know the subjects I should study that would benefit me the most in preparing for the Mech. apt. test. I've done a search on this board but haven't found too much info.

Thanks in advance for any info. :cool:

interviewed tuesday

Yeah.. interviewed tuesday.. took the tests in Portland at the open house this spring.. but in spending all day there with the other guys heard that the test was now 20 questions..
Waiting for the letter in the mail to find out how I did with my fingers crossed.
Good luck on that test.. we lost 2 guys on the written.. one of them said he didn't pass the mechanical. I hope they improved the questions since this spring.. I Studied engineering in college and those questions/drawings could stand some improvement Maybe I will volunteer to do the drafting on the next version when I get the job.... :p
FlyboyPhil... Nailbiting in Seattle...

I interviewed last Thursday and took the new mech test. Nothing too difficult. Most of the old questions and many new ones. Just follow the direction of the gears and all that stuff.

SkyWest dreamin'

They said they stopped hiring people on the spot since the next groundschool is in January (they did it before so people could give two weeks notice), but the sim and the interview went really well so I'm hoping for a good word in the mail this coming week.

Great company and great people. I'm really excitied...

Latest resources

Back